SPV Rigid Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on modifying the truck I have had for 13 days now aside from the supply shortage nonsense my 2023 came without. That quickly changed when I realized both Rigid fog lights are DOT spec garbage. Running four of the same lights just had some family truckster vibes to it. We actually get a good deal of fog where I am, so having one set that would...I don't know...cut up some fog in theory sounded like a worthwhile upgrade. I chose to just replace the inner lights with Rigid SRM "driving" fogs. I like things looking factory for the most part, so I chose to stay with Rigid. Are there better/brighter options? No clue. It didn't really matter in this case.

I sucked up WAY too much of Sidney and John's time via DM here going over the right options for me. Then today I really probably made them want to close up shop completely when I harassed them twice over "missing" items from the shipment that ultimately just turned out to be me being a scatter brained moron. Sorry again to them for that! These two are saints.

Anyways, the lights are in. Directions were straight forward and left no room to mess anything up. Taking out two of the factory Torx screws is a bit awkward, but that had zero to do with their kit. Fit and finish is exactly what I was looking for and output is substantially brighter that I was expecting. Really happy with how it all came together.

The lights I ordered:

Some photos:
View attachment 406632

View attachment 406633

View attachment 406634

View attachment 406635

View attachment 406636

View attachment 406637

View attachment 406638

View attachment 406639

View attachment 406640

View attachment 406641

View attachment 406642

First, because I don't think I said this before @ekalb, we LOVE your profile picture! LOL. We are HUGE Bill Murray Fans over here... We grew up on of course Ghost Busters, but What about Bob was one of our favorites... Then, The man who knew too little... and it was great having him back in these new Ghost Busters movies...

Anyway, a side not for you and those who trade up to the 2024 Raptor. Whether or not it is the standard bumper or the new Modular bumper of the 37pkg or the R. These OEM upgrade kits still work the same.
While we all want to sell you guys more products when appropriate. We also want to save you money in areas so you can use it for other things.

That said, if you have one of these OEM upgrade kits. You can put your original pieces back in the old truck when you trade or sell it and take them with you to put in your new truck as well. Just a swap as before. While the plastic housings may have changed in the Modular bumper. The mounting points has not.

In turn, if you buy a new 24 model and want to add these. You can as well no matter which bumper you have. They come in the Rigid models that will appear the same but be obviously better patterns and a lot brighter. Also the Baja Designs S2's or Diode Dynamics SSC2's. As a note, the Rigid SRM's here and the Baja S2's have the BEST clean fit and look. The Diode lights are slightly larger cases and stick out a little further. We want you to have the option for those. They just run larger. The only thing we haven't checked on the Diodes, is if they stick forward enough to mess with the sensor (only on the 24 Modular Bumper) that they stuck smack dab in the middle of the fog housing...

Baja did come out with an SAE S2 now, so you can mix those in there if you want. They can all use snap on covers like you saw in @ekalb review. One cool thing about the Rigid SRM models is that since they look the same, you can replace just ONE or both pairs. So for example. If you want to just add a set of driving lights and keep the one pair of SAE's you can do that and they will still look original.

You can also change lights later if you want to from one brand to the other because the main brackets will still work.

Just always keep your spare parts from the swap in these instances. Like noted above. You never know if you may want to swap back and do a trade in, or take them with you. Put them in a zip lock bag and label it. Or if you don't care about that, then don't worry about it. Its just that hind sight is 20/20 and often times you think back and say.. "man I wish I had kept those!".

Here is a link to the 4 version for reference-

John

Last edited: