Rigid D2 Wiring Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericwestbygod

Reaction score
Ok, I have mounted two ambers on the outsides and two whites on the insides. I've got the glove box Aux wiring done (F**k you Ford engineers!). I just need to complete the wiring under the hood. I'm a rookie at wiring and will be using the supplied wiring harnesses from the kits. I want to use weather pack connectors. Question is, since the wiring instructions in the kit indicate a black ground (easy enough) but then a red and a blue how the hell do I wire it? I assume I will have two blues (assume for the inside whites) and then two reds (assume for the outside ambers) that need to go to two Aux pass throughs (using switch 2 and 3)? My confusion is using a pass through with two reds/blues. Any help or advice is appreciated.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have mounted two ambers on the outsides and two whites on the insides. I've got the glove box Aux wiring done

does this mean that you have removed the panel found the wires and passed them thru the firewall plug /grommet?

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

could you send a pic of the d2 mounted in your bumper . i am about to order and would like to see how they look before hand. should put out a lot of light.

OP
OP
E

ericwestbygod

Reaction score
Weather Pack

I get wiring the two reda to one pass through. My question is do I use a 1-way weather pack, strip the two reds, bundle them into one end and then the pass through to the other? It's a dumb question but I do not want to screw this up, lol. Many thanks

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the method:

Strip the two red wires and twist them together and then connect them to the appropriate pass-through wire under the dash.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get wiring the two reda to one pass through. My question is do I use a 1-way weather pack, strip the two reds, bundle them into one end and then the pass through to the other? It's a dumb question but I do not want to screw this up, lol. Many thanks
Yes, that will work. Attach the black wire to a a good metal grounding point on the truck. Twist the two red wires together and insert them into one end of a one-way Weather Tight connector then attach the other end of that connector to one of the pass through wires under the hood. Then twist the two blue wires together and attach them to one end of a second one-way Weather tight connector and attach the remaining part of the second connector to the another pass through wire under the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc