Review: CravenSpeed Stubby replacement antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What happens if this antenna comes into contact with something relatively buff. Will it break off, or will it destroy the mounting point on the truck due to lack of flexibility?

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine about the same thing that would happen if the oe antenna hit something solid about an inc from the base...

I dunno... but I doubt the cravenspeed antenna would do any more damage than the OE...

Reaction score
I ordered mine online and it shipped the same day I ordered it. I think it only took 3 days for me to receive it. I love the look! I'm just a little worried about any parking garages I enter. The stock antenna would warn me of low concrete beams in the last parking garage I was in.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine waiting for me when my truck came. Easy install, looks good and functions well. Thumbs up!!:thumpsup2:

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm just a little worried about any parking garages I enter. The stock antenna would warn me of low concrete beams in the last parking garage I was in.

After I read about your logical concern I hit Google to see if there was some sort of roof mounted vertical laser (or other technology) clearance detector, which I think would be cool if the cost was right. Unfortunately there was nothing that came up. There are plenty that attach to bridges, tunnels, etc. that DOTs use but nothing for a personal vehicle. I guess it would be an expensive mod just to have a CravenSpeed stubby.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a good concern J. Something I hadn't considered. Hrm...

Thanks for looking into it NC. I guess there's nothing to do about it except be aware and be careful.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was a concern that initially kept me from buying the CravenSpeed Stubster. But I threw caution to the wind and bought the little stubby and it works quite well (radio reception is as good as the stock antenna from my experience).

What we can do is MEASURE the height of the Raptor so at least we'll know when we go into low overhead situations.