Reset Door Passcode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debauch

Reaction score
There’s a key slot in the cup holder:

Put key in slot.
Turn car to Accessory (engine not running). Count to 5.
Turn off.
Put second key in slot.
Turn car on (engine running).
Code shows up on dash screen.

Edit:Tell your dealer he’s an asshat.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much. However not only did previous owner keep the code, he only had one key (he gave me two but one was for another truck and he said he must have lost my second key. ‍♂️.

Can’t make this stuff up. PO was a bit of a tool it turns out and Ford dealer here in SAN is an ****** ($199) to fetch the code. UFB.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The master code can be found on a sticker attached to a module that is down in the area of the fusebox in the passenger floorboard area. Used this method on my '21

The link can no longer be found. Can you resend? Thank you.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HighwaySentinel - thank you so much. I may have to go buy a prius -:), I did it and the video was exactly what I needed. I took it apart, shot a video of area, screen grab from there and ****...there is the number. Doors are programmed and it saved me $200 plus a day without the truck.

#kearnymesaford wanted to get paid, unless I had bought the truck from them, then they'd have helped no charge. UFB - they get my maintenance money and that is still not good enough.

really am grateful for the group of experts on the forum.

All the best

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out. I wouldn't have expected a dealership to do the work, however minimal it was, for free if you didn't buy the vehicle there, but $200 was kind of outrageous for something that takes less than 10 minutes.