Removing Awful Water Spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malibu1

Reaction score
Acid detail...Vinegar in spray bottle and wipe off with a detailing towel. Wash and wax good afterwards as the acid will remove your old wax.

I agree. I get the spots of the boat by using 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water in a spray bottle. Takes the spots right off. Just don't get any on interior as it smells.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I agree. I get the spots of the boat by using 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water in a spray bottle. Takes the spots right off. Just don't get any on interior as it smells.

Forgot to say use white vinegar.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dealt with water spots this morning. I used a microfiber wax applicator sponge and saturated it with Goof Off gel and rubbed it on the painted surfaces making sure to keep away from decals, rubber/plastic trim, etc. It dries to a greasy haze. Then I used a micro fiber towel with vinegar/water/alcohol mix and wiped it down. I washed the entire vehicle with super hot water and Dawn dish detergent to take remove all of the wax, grease, and solvents that build up on the truck. I waxed with Zymol and then spray detailed with M Tech Wax and Instant Detail Spray. Good as new. I park at the ATL airport parking lots quite often and I think the planes put out a lot of caustic liquids that are murder on paint.