Rear Shocks Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear shocks are very easy to steal, but I'm surprized they stole them off a used vehicle. I would think that stealing them from a new vehicle on the dealers lot would be less risky. Also, the resale value would be higher. It must have been kids, like you said. Upgrade them and use red loctite. Check local craigslist etc. for the thiefs.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Friend of mine owns a used car lot..they have had several thieves still wheels and shocks and everything they can steal..recently one genius was setting the truck on blocks and it fell on him..he stayed there all night for the cops to show up on his ass in the morning

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least that acted like they cared and gave me a case number. I bet next week a trip around the highschool and I might see something on a f150 that normally isn't there

Here in SoCal the police will not come out for something like that. You have to go to them to get a police report. Apparently they've got way too many other, more important things to worry about.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! Pretty ridiculous isn't it. I know when I used to live in SOCAL and had a crotch rocket, I'd always take reasonable precautions. Chain it up, cover it, and my secret weapon. Well one morning I walk outside my apartment complex and see the bike cover but no bike. I walk out onto the street separating the apartments and look one way, nothing, the other way, I see my bike about 100 yards away. So I jog on down and the ignition is gone. What the idiots didn't realize is that I took a computer chip out every night. They could have hauled it away but they won't going to ride it away. To this day I wished I could have been there to see the look on their faces. They just left it there on the kickstand.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here in SoCal the police will not come out for something like that. You have to go to them to get a police report. Apparently they've got way too many other, more important things to worry about.

Like a manhunt where they shoot up innocent civilians vehicles?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ya like writing tickets for Jaywalking or illegal tint when its factory tint, or sitting and waiting all day for someone to make a mistake by making a left turn. :upyours: