Rear Shocks Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the quote for parts from the dealership in my hand, and an insurance "adjuster" is suppose to come out. I am confident at this point that I will get coverage, but we will see later.

So thanks for all the offers on the used ones, but I will probably go new, assuming it is covered.

Big issue is that I was suppose to head over to the West side of the state this weekend for our 15th annual forest clean up AND the shocks are on backorder!

Thanks to Luker, he said worst case I could borrow a set for the weekend. If the $$$ work out, I would prefer to upgrade to some 3.0s and during a crappo situation into a better one.

At least they left for Fox shocks along on my H3, it was parted right next to it. I bet it is some kid or hill billie wanted to put them on their F150. Didn't touch my spare wheel and tire sitting right next to the truck

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is just nuts, hopefully it works out for you in the end with the insurance moneys.

:(

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This totally sucks and that is why I park my Raptor near security cameras when i'm out and about. Maybe look into a security camera surveillance system that you can wire into your garage eves and record. They are pretty cheap these days and at least you will have something for the Police to go off of. Who knows, they might come back for a brand new set of shocks once they get replaced. I had a security system business for autos and trucks and they work great for a novice breaking into the inside of a vehicle - but I got sued once when a lady had her convertible top cut and her purse stolen off the back seat. She knew it was her ex-husband and she sued me anyway and won the case. This is one of the main reasons I sold that business. The courts just don't care about small businesses trying to help others with good service these days!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yup between the weld on the lower bolts of my shocks and my 8 exterior cameras (w/ night vision and connected to a DVR) on my house with 3 that focus on the driveway and 1 of which is right on the raptor i hope i am safe till i can afford the man castle, i mean garage i want to build. although it would be a nice excuse for an upgrade, 3.0's....

good luck!

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen a whole set of used Raptor Shocks go as low $700 so you might be better off not claiming it against your insurances, but it's still a lot of money to be spending cuz of a f'n low life won't go out to buy their own shit.

Heck you might even be buying yours back.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ha ha ha, yeah. Trying to work out how I can upgrade to 3.0s and still make it work $$$ wise. Taxes and a few unexpecteds hit me hard this spring, so what was planned for the truck by now has been put on pause. I will say there are a number of FRF vendors willing to help out best they can. I can't say enough about them, but so much for using my truck for a good community project this weekend, there is no way to get the parts here on time I don't think.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**** that, I hate thieves and people who vandalize shit. One of my buddies woke up yesterday to his car on blocks. I know for a fact those were not cheap either.

Before and after:
526099_10150997043336097_546910834_n.jpg

547631_10151337105176097_124478348_n.jpg

Thevies suck,

We had 3-sets of tires and a car stolen out of our apartment parking garage last week.