Rear Clicking/Tapping Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willywilson

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Gen 3. I have a sporadic clicking or light tap that I'm hearing in the back seat of the truck. It occurs when I have larger dips/bumps in the road. Hard to video record but will try. I have:

removed the under seat storage completely,

removed the jack, and it persists.

I've put foam tape on literally anything that is mobile, still I get the annoying click noise.

I've done the TSB and lubed my pano roof with Krytox (that rubbing noise is now gone).

Head liner seems quiet- I've pushed etc on that baby. Could be from the seat hinges perhaps?? Anyone notice anything similar?

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the rear drivers side seat is not latched, it will make the noise you are describing. If latched properly, you should not be able to move it with your hand at all.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Gen 3. I have a sporadic clicking or light tap that I'm hearing in the back seat of the truck. It occurs when I have larger dips/bumps in the road. Hard to video record but will try. I have:

removed the under seat storage completely,

removed the jack, and it persists.

I've put foam tape on literally anything that is mobile, still I get the annoying click noise.

I've done the TSB and lubed my pano roof with Krytox (that rubbing noise is now gone).

Head liner seems quiet- I've pushed etc on that baby. Could be from the seat hinges perhaps?? Anyone notice anything similar?

Wonder if you're having a similar issue to me.

awd5906

Reaction score
I’ve been chasing the same sound and I’m not sure what exactly it is. I lubed the rear seat latches and that didn’t do anything. I’m going to go in deep this weekend with some foam and felt tape and a six pack and see if I can’t deaden any areas where there’s contact or rubbing. Sounds like you did this already but two is better than one. If you’re able to record the sound I can compare as well. I don’t think it is coming from the exterior, it sounds like an interior noise. I thought it was the rear seat belts or potentially the front passenger seatbelt but I’ve got them secured and I still hear the noise.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sun roof, open the liner and put your hand/fingers all the way to the back. See if the panel is moving and hold up to see if the noise stops.

OP
OP
W

willywilson

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to find it. I removed the passenger rear pillar molding/trim and looked in there. The sucker is elusive. it's not constant but definitely happens on acceleration and or the random bumps. It's a weird deal bc sometimes it won't do it for like 4 days then sometimes it just gets fired up.

If it's coming from the roof I have no idea where. Would be nice if I could just reproduce it.

TTUGrad

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to find it. I removed the passenger rear pillar molding/trim and looked in there. The sucker is elusive. it's not constant but definitely happens on acceleration and or the random bumps. It's a weird deal bc sometimes it won't do it for like 4 days then sometimes it just gets fired up.

If it's coming from the roof I have no idea where. Would be nice if I could just reproduce it.
My gen 2 did this and it drove me crazy. Finally figured out is was the back stationary sun roof panel rattling against the gasket on top of the roof. A little bit of rubber gasket spray lube between the edge of the fixed sun roof panel and the gasket (from the roof side) completely solved my problem. I reapplied the rubber gasket lube every few months and never had another rattle/tap sound. I hope this helps.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried turning up the radio? Works great, when the noise gets louder than the radio, it’s time to figure it out