Real world MPG West TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Goblin

Reaction score
Does mpg improve after break-in? I am only averaging 13mpg in mixed driving with just over 1k miles on a 2019. I am running 37s so maybe that’s the culprit?

Major

Reaction score
I have 2018 and I am getting 12.1.. Mainly city and light footed driving between 50 to 75 mph. Using 91 Octane 39 tire pressure. I can't never get anywhere near 14 mpg. The truck only has 1200 miles. Is it going to get better as I put more miles in? I have rubber truck mat and BAK X4 revolver tonneau cover installed if that's enough weight to cause higher mpg..

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2018 and I am getting 12.1.. Mainly city and light footed driving between 50 to 75 mph. Using 91 Octane 39 tire pressure. I can't never get anywhere near 14 mpg. The truck only has 1200 miles. Is it going to get better as I put more miles in? I have rubber truck mat and BAK X4 revolver tonneau cover installed if that's enough weight to cause higher mpg..

It will get better. Mine started at 8mpg lol now it hangs out about 14.8

Rob O

Reaction score
I just completed a 2,400 mile trip from Portland to San Juan Capistrano (south f LA/Orange County. 90% of the miles were I-5, the rest short trips around our destination. Indicated hours on engine were like 42. The truck saw a mix of hours in literal stop-n-go traffic through LA (both coming and going) as well as stretches between 75 and 80mph .Lots of elevation change along the way, with serious headwinds for a couple long legs. He's maybe 400 lbs of gear, plus me and my pup. KC light bar adds drag, and I'm running 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers. Averaged 14.5.

John Butler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all the goodies have been installed mine has cost almost 82k and I’m supposed to care about mileage. I didn’t know so many Raptors owners were really OKC green people.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in Dallas - it's flat - and I (generally) light foot it (except when I don't), normal mode, and the last 17,000 miles have been indicating 15.9 mpg (I think the computer is 'optimistic.') I've had highway mileage as high as 19 mpg (indicated) and as low as 12.1 mpg (that was an outlier - 30+ mph head/cross winds). I've noticed a definite drop in mileage on any sustained highway speed much above 72-73 mph. If you are in sport mode (more aggressive throttle mapping, more aggressive transmission mapping, only begrudgingly going into top gear), mileage will suffer.

Having said that, none of us bought this for gas mileage and *damn!* it makes me smile everytime I get on it or go off road with it.

This is the best I managed on a trip through the metroplex
FB_IMG_1553228140680.jpg