Rattling over Bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine doesn't rattle, but I've found the rear end gets a little squirrely when going fast over speed bumps, which is about as much off-roading as I've done in it so far.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mine doesn't rattle, but I've found the rear end gets a little squirrely when going fast over speed bumps, which is about as much off-roading as I've done in it so far.

If you take them straight on about 42 mph they begin to smooth out under 40 and you might as well take them at 20, for maximum driving disruption.

I’ve mention in another post that the Raptor takes up a bit more of my driveway than is convenient, it’s kind of a ‘turning, funnel shaped’ affair with room for 2 cars at the top or 1 Raptor with a crap ton of room on each side. So my passenger tires are in the grass or I have to drive around my wife who takes great pleasure in blocking the path. It’s surprising how much the KO2’s tear up grass !

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you take them straight on about 42 mph they begin to smooth out under 40 and you might as well take them at 20, for maximum driving disruption.

I’ve mention in another post that the Raptor takes up a bit more of my driveway than is convenient, it’s kind of a ‘turning, funnel shaped’ affair with room for 2 cars at the top or 1 Raptor with a crap ton of room on each side. So my passenger tires are in the grass or I have to drive around my wife who takes great pleasure in blocking the path. It’s surprising how much the KO2’s tear up grass !
True Raptor owners park with one wheel on the front stoop. Or their neighbor's front stoop.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
True Raptor owners park with one wheel on the front stoop. Or their neighbor's front stoop.

Curses! Foiled again.
First, I diss Starbucks to find out that it’s the official coffee of Raptor owners.
Now I find out that I park like a poseur.

I am taking a while to adjust to Raptor ownership. I was really proud of my self when the first few Prius drivers - Priussies - gazed aghast in shocked horror when I pulled next to them.

I see I have more work to do though.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine makes the same noise...it's the fox shocks, my 13 and my 12 made the same noise....really only hear it with the windows open, almost like a rattle, with a thumping sound. I never looked underneath to see if anything was loose, but it's the exact same sound....

Yes - I would call it a "thump thump" what is that attributed to? That's a good choice of words!

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shocks made noise since day one. Posted about it back in Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk