Raptor Wrecked Over The Weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad everyone's OK, for starters.

Advice? I hate to be "that guy" (and we've all done it before), but slow down with your child in the car. Going 80+ and passing on the right? You are putting yourself at the mercy of the "idiot" in front of you, who you already know isn't a good enough driver to yield the passing lane. If there's no sideswipe/contact by him coming over (i.e., you hadn't fully established the passing lane), you're almost always going to be at fault, legally. You were going fast enough that you could not brake quickly enough to stop/avoid an incident, and you couldn't keep your truck on the shoulder/emergency lane...that means you're going too fast, my friend. I'm sorry, but you were very, very fortunate in the spectrum of things that could have gone wrong in this scenario. You seem to have experience with fast vehicles, so I think you know this.

As for the insurance claim, I doubt you'll get it totaled, but you should have one hell of a depreciation claim. You may want to talk to a licensed VA attorney with insurance experience to assist/make sure your Ins co is doing the right things...left to their own devices, they seldom do.

Again, sorry about your truck, glad it wasn't worse, and good luck with the claim/carrier.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you and daughter are OK. Sucks to wait so long for a Gen 2 and then having to deal with this. Hope your insurance stands by you and makes it painless.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, those pictures don't look like a total on a brand new $70k truck.

Agreed these trucks are worth too much you would need that to be like 40-50k in damage. I've had well over 20k in instance twice on my truck no total out due to trucks worth. Just be ready to fix it FYI. Aftermarket opportunity.

OP
OP
stryke21

stryke21

Reaction score
I was driving on 288 South. I was originally cruising in the left lane when the guy started braking with no one anywhere in front of him. I went to pass him and he swerved into the right lane while hitting his brakes. When he started braking in the left lane, my thoughts were to get away from him. But you are right I should not have been driving as fast with my daughter. The vehicle seems to **** people off as do my BMWs. Lesson learned.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving on 288 South. I was originally cruising in the left lane when the guy started braking with no one anywhere in front of him. I went to pass him and he swerved into the right lane while hitting his brakes. When he started braking in the left lane, my thoughts were to get away from him. But you are right I should not have been driving as fast with my daughter. The vehicle seems to **** people off as do my BMWs. Lesson learned.

Uh maybe it's you and not the car your driving? Not trying to be a **** at all, but...