Raptor SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for pets my dog kennel fits perfectly in the backseat of my screw with room for one human passenger. And no dogs never should ride in the bed. I can carry 5 adults and a heck of a lot more cargo in my raptor than I could in any suv.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hennessy made a few of these. Google them, they may still have a real Raptor with the Suv conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As for pets my dog kennel fits perfectly in the backseat of my screw with room for one human passenger. And no dogs never should ride in the bed. I can carry 5 adults and a heck of a lot more cargo in my raptor than I could in any suv.

Dogs can ride in the bed of a truck, just be smart about it. What we do along with everyone I know is we put an anchor in the middle of the front part of the bed where you anchor a small diameter steel cable connected to a carabiner. That steel cable and carabiner needs to be a specific length that you measure with your dog in the bed with it connected to a harness, yes, a harness, not their collar. The length should allow the dog to barely stick their head over the bed rails so they can get some air but not long enough that they can fall out.

This stops them from falling out or hanging themselves over the side. It works great if done correctly. It also stops dripping wet and muddy hunting dogs from messing up your interior.

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for the SUV version of the Raptor. It just fits my needs better but i want the same capability as the pick up for performance.

I would love to see an SUV based on the shorter wheel base but with the bigger cab as the huge room in there is great for the family etc. Just take the 3' or so left over and colse it in and carpet etc. Let me buy some weather tek mat for back there and I'm great. This would be the best for me as I could have the Dogs inside and have the whole fam damily in there too.

While I'm at it give me the rear window that goes down into the tailgate like the Toyotas do as this is great for air flow and the dogs.

I love what the Raptor is and as of right now can only see potentially getting rid of it foe a new one because everything else feels so cramped after driving this thing for a few years. An SUV version for me would be a better option though and while I am sure it would be another 8-10K in price I would be willing to pay for it (From Ford not after market).

Reaction score
I've been going on about how Ford should make a SUV version of a Raptor since mine was a month old. Make the truck too, but make a SUV that's just as kick-ass and capable as the truck. Put 3rd row folding seating and you have a Suburban killer.

Consider this, you have 3 young children and a wife....where do you put the car seats now? You don't. If you want lots of room you are stuck with (at best) a Suburban....not that you want it, it's just the only option no matter what you are willing to spend. Hummers would have been competition but they stopped making those, so there is zero competition for a Raptor SUV in a market that has already been proven (by the Raptor itself).

They should do it the same way they did the Raptor, no compromises and in small volume as an "aspirational" SVT vehicle for branding publicity. I suspect they would be as surprised with the market response as they were with the Raptor. ....and personally, that would be the next vehicle I would buy.

...otherwise, they are just supporting 2 child households. :)

storybook

Reaction score
An SUV format with the capabilities of a Raptor...whats not to like?? Have always thought Ford was leaving a lot of money on the table by not at least offering an SUV version of a Raptor. My wife wants one as she drives an F450 for horse hauling duties and an Escalade for kid hauling duties. If this were available she'd ditch the Escalade in a hearbeat!

Ford doesn't make an SUV right now thats worth a damn next to the GMC products. They are getting eaten alive by the Escalades, Yukons, and Suburbans. Sorry, the Explorer is too small and the Expedition is Fugly at best. As someone else said...Raptor SUV would be a Suburban KILLER! Hell I'll take two!

Last edited: