Raptor rear ended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flipped my boss 302 (yes it was a bad wreck) and all airbags deployed and my windshield didn't crack so that's my only experience with airbags going off. I didn't know that it was a common thing for them to do. The more you know!

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I94 can be a terrible stretch of road. I have traveled it 5-6 days a week for the last 17 years, no accidents yet but that's probably pure luck. If you wanna grab a beer on the way back I can meet anywhere between the Decatur and sprinkle rd exits (exits 56-80) just let me know.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks very similar to the damage to my truck. The rear bumper curled up and cut the paint and graphics. Biggest difference is it pushed me into the truck in front of me. His hitch damaged Rigid lightbars and dented Rogue Racing front bumper. So for new light bar, new front bumper, new rear, new graphics and paint it worked out to $6800 in damage.

The car that hit me? Totaled.

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my tow hooks entered the engine of her car lol. But she didn't care because it's a company car and Michigan is a no fault state which is pretty bs.

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
I rear ended a guy last week going about two mph. I broke his tail light and he was furious. It was a 1985 Buick Century. Had those stupid tail lights that go all the way across the bumper like one peice. He screamed that "this was going to be expensive" and he made a claim on my insurance which sucks because I now have an at fault on my record for a $50 light. I'm just bummed out :(
Hope your truck gets better :)

S197Mach1

Reaction score
My question is with a rear end wreck, can you ever expect to tow safely at the max rating for a given vehicle? My concern would be years down the road after repairs and what not and utilizing said vehicle to tow. Is there some certification process or is it at your own risk?