Raptor order finally getting pulled dropped Carbon Fiber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand dropping an option you want to get a truck sooner. If you want that option, why not just wait? Why by a $70k truck if it isn't the way you really wanted it?

Ordered late September supposedly first order at that dealer. 10/28 was contacted about dropping CF I passed. 12/12 was contacted that I have CF but have to drop beadlocks. Despite reading every single thread on orders and allocations I still have no idea how the process works. I would have been fine too wait but there is no guarantee there will not be delays if and when my turn comes around again. Factor in the allocation question and I have no idea if other orders at that dealer would jump me if I waited again, thus taking another allocation away. I really can't wait to '18 if I some how get thrown off the boat this year so I dropped the beadlocks. Never ordered a vehicle before and thought I was doing the right thing by getting on it early to avoid the shitshow. I'm so ******* pissed off at how this whole thing went.

OP
OP
pughde

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got your wish! Your Raptor’s VIN is 1FTFW1RG4HFB24098. It’s tentatively scheduled to build the week of January 16th. The specific build date and ETA to the dealer should update a bit closer to that week

Ggh1969

Reaction score
Fwiw I had the cf option. My truck was built first week in November. Ford service told me last week it was released from the factory and I should be getting an eta any day. Guess we'll see.

OP
OP
pughde

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer called had me to remove CF, why would they reduce price? Also got my VIN 2 days later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk