Raptor off the line acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That may be true but, at the same time, it is really disappointing for a $70k "Ford Performance" truck to have to go WOT in Sport Mode to beat a base SUV to a merge point, no?

And thats what a Gen2 has to do!!!

and since a Gen2 smokes a Gen1,

I cant even imagine trying to beat a base SUV in a Gen1,

That must be scary as hell

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And thats what a Gen2 has to do!!!

and since a Gen2 smokes a Gen1,

I cant even imagine trying to beat a base SUV in a Gen1,

That must be scary as hell

Is your truck stock?!? Man, I don't know what's scarier, barely being able to beat a base SUV while stock (boost lag is a bitch, as is 150 ft/lbs of torque), or needing a bottom end (pun intended) rebuild to make any real horsepower! :eek:

:supergay:

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Lets not forget that some of these mid sized crossovers can be pushing just under 300hp. factor in the lightness of them and some of them can scoot. I also have a 17 caravan gt I drive for work/family errand things and I think it has 260hp, that thing will get to gettin faster than you think it will.

Jenny drivers think Caravans are quick.

:win:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That may be true but, at the same time, it is really disappointing for a $70k "Ford Performance" truck to have to go WOT in Sport Mode to beat a base SUV to a merge point, no?

In other words, unless you spool the shit out of your Taurus motor, your truck is slow as shit.

OP - you will probably need a forged bottom end and larger turbos to get your truck where you want it to be.

Makreting hype sucks. :ROFLJest:

You had to spend $7k+ on forced induction so your slow old dog could get out of it's own way

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You had to spend $7k+ on forced induction so your slow old dog could get out of it's own way

My slow old dog makes just shy of 70% more power than your Ecoboom (that’s what they are known as in the F150 world because they blow up a lot, and this is already translating over to the Raptor world since you basically have a base Taurus / F150 motor with a hot tune).

That is a MASSIVE power difference given that my truck weighs maybe 10% more than yours.

I know all you little fan boys thought you were getting a Le Mans motor. But you didn’t.

And you’re dumb.

Shoulda had a V8 :shrug:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jelly of barely passing a base model SUV? :ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

And to think you clowns paid over MSRP to barely pass Honda CRVs. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

My bad I meant envious.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My slow old dog makes just shy of 70% more power than your Ecoboom (that’s what they are known as in the F150 world because they blow up a lot, and this is already translating over to the Raptor world since you basically have a base Taurus / F150 motor with a hot tune).

That is a MASSIVE power difference given that my truck weighs maybe 10% more than yours.

It does now that you dumped a shitload of money into it. It was a slug in stock form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzcSQyfTa4

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assuming a dry road, I'm lost on how someone challenges the position you are trying to take and you don't put the foot on the floor to say **** off buddy.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thread is off the rail...from the beginning. My truck will smoke a base SUV, it will absolutely give TRUCKZOR a run for his money, and it only cost me $600 to get there. 12K miles on an MPT tune, truck runs like a beast, and I could not care less if it downshifts to pass a big rig, as long as it passes it...the truck has 10 speeds, it downshifts if you tap the gas no matter what. But, as I've said before, I loved my gen 1 too.

BTW, Not trying to **** in TRUCKZORS wheaties, your truck is badass, just pointing out the stupidity of this thread.

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truckzor just butthurt his rig is depreciating more and more everyday and he can't afford to upgrade to a Gen 2

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is your truck stock?!? Man, I don't know what's scarier, barely being able to beat a base SUV while stock (boost lag is a bitch, as is 150 ft/lbs of torque), or needing a bottom end (pun intended) rebuild to make any real horsepower! :eek:

:supergay:

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Jenny drivers think Caravans are quick.

:win:

tiny twin turbos on an 3.5 v6 and you're talking about boost lag?

You're outta your element, Donnie