Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately guys are going to have to wait a year or two to get a good deal. Lot of people out there will buy the truck and cost is no object. You can't fault the dealers for wanting to make extra profit. It's called capitalism.

nicul15

Reaction score
Unfortunately guys are going to have to wait a year or two to get a good deal. Lot of people out there will buy the truck and cost is no object. You can't fault the dealers for wanting to make extra profit. It's called capitalism.

im all for that, i just think the manufacturer made the investment, put in the work to develop the special vehicle, built the desire, they should reap the benefit. the dealer did squat

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer has to put up with the service crap that the manufacturer creates too. It's very much a two way street. Also, the manufacturer doesn't have time to play with the short term market changes in pricing. They have inventory and parts to move. The manufacturer is reaping just fine.

nicul15

Reaction score
i have seen 2-3 msrp adjustments during a model year. plus all the incentives that work on a local and short term level. i disagree that manufacturers need the dealers for that.

i guess if you work for the dealer or retail you will support that side of the fence, of youre in corporate you will support them. lol

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
market does dictate pricing and that is analyzed and set by the manufacturer. price gougings is price gouging, if its ****** or not, people dont like it, why should the manufacturer suffer?
there are models to achieve what you're looking for and not have a ****** state, as you say. If its a new car from an AUTOMALL thats fine, ADM everything and anything. when you have FORD on your storefront, its FORD's brand, and they have a right to control and protect it.

I know GM has already taken steps to stop "ADM" basically using MSRP as the upper limit. i did not just dream up this concept, some already see the damage it can do to their brand.

Then they shouldn't sell vehicles under MSRP. Why should dealers have to sell vehicles under what the manufacturer has determined the market to be? Obviously they have been wrong for years on the SD and at the end of a MY you can get huge discounts to move inventory on almost any vehicle. It's not price gouging. You don't need a raptor. It's not like a hurricane is coming and water or gas is $10.00 a gallon and you have no choice but to buy it. Go find a dealer that will charge MSRP or less as leave the dealer that's charging $20,000 over to sit on that vehicle. I'm sure if they sit on it long enough the price will come down. You guys are all dealing with dealers that have no inventory and have numerous people calling asking for trucks. They themselves are feeling the market out. They are starting high to see if the market justifies ADM. If enough people are willing to pay it then why sell the vehicle for less. If you can sell 5 trucks and pocket an added $50,000 why in the world would you not?!?!? That's insane to say that dealers shouldn't be able to charge ADM!

Again, it's very simple. If there wasn't a demand for GT350s or Focus RS or Raptors with an added markup the dealers wouldn't charge it. The people paying these ADMs and thanking the dealer for letting them are driving the market. Not you or me. So why should we limit the amount of money a dealer can make. A person spending $80,000 on a car isn't a dumb person, they've obviously done well for themselves. If they want to pay it let them.

nicul15

Reaction score
i would be curious to see how much money the dealer lost on that vehicle they are discounting at the end of the model year.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to one of the smaller dealers in the area and he said their one Raptor would be +15k MSRP. They had only one Allocation. They sold a Focus RS for MSRP +30K. They have a GT350R on the showroom floor for plus 15K MSRP. Which seems low when listening to other forums. The dealer is Anderson Ford In SC. I need a dealer that sells for MSRP.

everjack

Reaction score
I ordered and put down a deposit on mine for MSRP. I was calling every dealer around and they wanted $2,500-20k above MSRP. Today I got a call from 2 of the dealers originally asking over MSRP offering to sell for MSRP. The market will sort this out, but I'd venture to say more people wanting a Raptor than not are refusing anything over, and some dealers are already changing their tune.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I began the process by visiting two MN dealers this morning. They both quoted the $5k over MSRP. I told both to sign me up once the price gets to MSRP or below. We will see what happens.

I tried a large dealer and a small dealer. Both dealers knew their 2017 model year allocations. One dealer has 27 and the other has 7.

I worked with the sales managers at both locations. Neither would budge on the plus $5k. The small dealer said that he sold one of his allocations to another Ford dealer for $5k over.

Time will tell. I'm not in a hurry.