Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grancuda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures of how you boxed them up for shipment. I've been trying to figure out the best way to ship them all at once without damaging them.

Very welcome. It took us a bit to box them up but wanted them to make it safely. We bought a 35x18x18 double wall box from a local box place and had them reinforce the bottom with the heavy duty box staples, it was pricey but wanted it to hold up well as they ship them back to you in the box and packing you used. Package total weighed 81.3lbs., would also recommend insuring them just to be safe. We insured ours for $1800.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very welcome. It took us a bit to box them up but wanted them to make it safely. We bought a 35x18x18 double wall box from a local box place and had them reinforce the bottom with the heavy duty box staples, it was pricey but wanted it to hold up well as they ship them back to you in the box and packing you used. Package total weighed 81.3lbs., would also recommend insuring them just to be safe. We insured ours for $1800.
Insurance is very important!
I lost a set I dropped off at UPS.
UPS claimed they never received them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Doug

Reaction score
They did all four of ours last week and the turn around time was still a day. Did a Rebuild, flutter stack, mid perch, Schrader valves and replaced 2 worn bushing.

Awesome thanks. And love the pics, I do something much like that. Excellent idea. By chance, what was your total cost? Im just trying to figure out if I have a local shop do a simple rebuild locally or deal with the downtime but have them upgraded a bit.

I like the idea of the exchange but don't want to get hit with external refinishing fee. Mine are fine but they are slightly corroded where the collar sits on the fronts.

grancuda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. And love the pics, I do something much like that. Excellent idea. By chance, what was your total cost? Im just trying to figure out if I have a local shop do a simple rebuild locally or deal with the downtime but have them upgraded a bit.

I like the idea of the exchange but don't want to get hit with external refinishing fee. Mine are fine but they are slightly corroded where the collar sits on the fronts.

We just had them rebuild ours and send them back to us. Turn around time including shipping to them and then back to us is around a week. We purchased the $550 rebuild through their eBay and also added in there the $210 for $80 flutter stack
$80 schrader valve
$50 mid perch

2010-2014 Ford Raptor Shocks Rebuild Service | eBay

We paid $130 FedEx shipping includes $1800 insurance to ship the shocks to Forged Off-road.
Shipping Box cost $40.
$20 for Spring's removed.

grancuda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We received ours back the other day. Our spending 2 hours packing them up nicely to keep them nice was kinda pointless. Trying to keep a long story short here during rebuild the back ones received scratches on all 4 sides on the top blue anodized SVT part that you see easily through the fenders of the bed. And the bottoms of the fronts on the blue anodized are all gouged up from tools which I think on the bottoms you luckily won't see once installed. I guess we should of maybe covered the blue anodized areas in painters tape in hope to keep them still nice so you can maybe try that to spare yours of scratches. We just thought they would maybe put a mat down or something when rebuilding keeping the blue anodized part in mind when rebuilding since they were perfect to begin with. So my advice maybe cover the blue anodized pieces that you see. Then just wrap and tape them together in a thin foam film and in a small thin not doubled wall box and ship to them as that is the way they will ship them back to you. But hey atleast they should perform well! I still recommend to insure them incase they get lost in shipping. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Doug

Reaction score
That is disappointing! Make you wonder if they are actually yours or if they just sent a set that was already rebuilt. I decided to go to a local guy that does rebuilds. Ill be able to drive there and have the work done for me which is really what I wanted. I feel dealing with all the packing and shipping and waiting is not something I want to do.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To be clear, ROC is not the ones doing the exchange anymore. Forged offroad took it over.

So if there issues with exchanges it is not ROC. We only started the whole DIY movement and the exchange program but because of time needed to run it, was given to Forge. However we are still doing shocks work now and then to help as well working on other DIY items to keep everyone on the trail.

Last edited:

grancuda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is disappointing! Make you wonder if they are actually yours or if they just sent a set that was already rebuilt. I decided to go to a local guy that does rebuilds. Ill be able to drive there and have the work done for me which is really what I wanted. I feel dealing with all the packing and shipping and waiting is not something I want to do.

They are ours. We took detailed pictures of each one of them upon removal. We reinstalled them on Monday however have not really got a chance to drive it with them back on yet. But do love the way it sits on mid perch.

Attachments

• IMG_5010.jpg
    IMG_5010.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5011.jpg
    IMG_5011.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 48