Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between level 2 and 3 valving? I want to get all I can get out of these stock shocks.

Stage 2 and Stage 3 are fairly rough on pavement as we developed and tested them for off-road performance alone where as Stage 1 was developed for off-road and on-road performance. How much pavement vs dirt does your truck see? We can also do custom valving specific to your needs outside of the offered stage packages. If you would like more information you can shoot me a PM.

-Matt

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the program. Replacement shocks ride great and Paul was spot on with his time frame when I got on the list. Does anyone run the rear shocks without guards? I hate having to remove the guards in order to wash out all the mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the program. Replacement shocks ride great and Paul was spot on with his time frame when I got on the list. Does anyone run the rear shocks without guards? I hate having to remove the guards in order to wash out all the mud.

What was your lead time?

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What was your lead time?

If shocks were returned as fast as we send them out we would have them out in less time.

Does anyone run the rear shocks without guards? I hate having to remove the guards in order to wash out all the mud.

I would strongly advise against not running it. It is there to protect the shaft. Scratch that and seals start to get eaten.

Last edited:

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my set in last Wednesday and sent them back on Monday. My exterior finish was great and had zero pitting. Whoever gets that set will be happy. The ones I received had very little pitting but they should be fine for the area I live in. Do you guys coat them with anything after a rebuild?

And yea I decided to simply get under my truck at the end of the day to make sure no mud was trapped inside the guard. Maybe I'll dremel out a small section on the backside so I can give them a quick rinse

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When we re-finish we remove any rust, prime and wrap them to give them the most protection we can short of re-zink platting. That process is $$$ and would negate the idea of the program.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very satisfied customer

I got on the list but because im impatient i decided to drive up to Sacramento from LA. I tell you i couldn't be happier. Showed up in the morning (with appointment of course) and the guys tore right into it and i was headed to the snow in no time. Not only did they do a fantastic job (truck rides great!) but they noticed a couple issues i had and fixed those too. Thank you so much

Note- i got my '12 2.5s rebuilt with the flutter shim stack