Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just sent my exchange shocks back today. Adam rebuilt them for me back before the exchange program started. It was a great experience then and it was a great experience with Paul this time as well. I highly recommend the flutter stack upgrade. The ride is almost as soft as bottom perch while on mid perch. I am however getting a lot of nose dive on mid perch with flutter stack as opposed to mid no flutter stack. Shipping from Paul's location to mine in Marietta, GA was $63 and it was $69 back to Paul. I get a UPS discount rate. I wish I was closer to Paul so they could do the whole 9 yards for me but $132 shipping plus few hours labor will have to for do now until someone local starts rebuilding them.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@m3dragon if I box up my shocks (full set of 4) and send them to you for a full rebuild with valves, flutter stack, etc., about how long is the turn-around time?

Once they land at our door it is 48 hours or less. All depends if it is a AM or PM drop off. If Paul and I are there same time it is 1 hour to do a all 4 shocks.

Shipping is the part we can't control. Ground shipping is 3-5 days depending on where you are as these things are heavy. Ship any faster and it is $$$$.

If you want to send them direct shoot a email to our new email address. [email protected] - made it easier to track things.

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sent my exchange shocks back today. Adam rebuilt them for me back before the exchange program started. It was a great experience then and it was a great experience with Paul this time as well. I highly recommend the flutter stack upgrade. The ride is almost as soft as bottom perch while on mid perch. I am however getting a lot of nose dive on mid perch with flutter stack as opposed to mid no flutter stack. Shipping from Paul's location to mine in Marietta, GA was $63 and it was $69 back to Paul. I get a UPS discount rate. I wish I was closer to Paul so they could do the whole 9 yards for me but $132 shipping plus few hours labor will have to for do now until someone local starts rebuilding them.

I just got a set shipped to me and opted for the flutter stack but stayed on bottom perch. I wonder how bad the nose dive will be [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got any before/after pics going from low to mid?
Did you do the swap yourself?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got a set shipped to me and opted for the flutter stack but stayed on bottom perch. I wonder how bad the nose dive will be [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt you will enjoy the smoother ride. I don't think you will feel as much of a difference on bottom perch as there is quite a bit of nose dive already.
You got any before/after pics going from low to mid?
Did you do the swap yourself?
Sorry I don't. I went from mid to mid. There's a lot of threads on this forum about mid perch so I'm sure you can find some pics. I swapped the rears myself but had a shop do the front's.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
What's the difference between level 2 and 3 valving? I want to get all I can get out of these stock shocks.

Last edited:

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between level 2 and 3 valving? I want to get all I can get out of these stock shocks.

From the website.

$80 – Level 1 – Set up for more aggressive off-road but still very street-able – Shims increase from 0.012 to 0.015
$160 – Level 2 – Even more aggressive off-road, customized progressive stack with a mix of 0.015 & 0.020 shims
$180 – Level 3 – Very aggressive off-road, customized progressive stack with mostly 0.020 shims

I have stage 1 and their flutter stack. Way better off road...