Raptor Assault footage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note from one who lives in SLC. The restaurants are all open but operating as take-out only. The common delivery services (like Door Dash) are operating. I can't verify whether the hotels are open, but I believe they are. Worth a call.

I've never done the RA course as I bought used, but it is out at the Motorsports park that is about 20-25 minutes from downtown SLC. The airport is between SLC and RA (closer to SLC) so any of the airport hotels will be reasonably close. The hotels/motels in Tooele (pronounced Too-ill-uh) are closer, but there's not much to do there and not many restaurants. Go to the Wal-Mart and watch the cars rust. I don't know if there are night-time activities as part of RA.

The Pony Express Trail is a fun and scenic road. I've only ever done it to the Utah/Nevada border, but in that section it isn't challenging. My wife and I cruised at about 100 mph for loooong sections and we're not experienced off-roaders. It's a graded dirt road. Perhaps the Nevada sections will be more challenging for a Raptor, but there are Camry's that drive the Utah section. Still fun.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds awesome! I was surprised to find out on my drive that it only tops out at 107 mph. I figured it would be higher. Wyoming is a little far though, I can't even imagine how many tickets I'd get on a trip that long. Haha.
probably not much longer than my drive. its about 17 hours from me. when i lived in colorado springs it was 7 hours and i know the drive from phoenix to colorado springs is 11 hours. so depending on where you are, you can make it.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful tips! Good stuff for people who have trips coming up. I stayed in Tooele and they had an Arby's so that made my day. Lol. That trail sounds awesome, and I was gonna explore more, but then I got a stupid migraine right after we graduated.

D

Deleted member 12951

probably not much longer than my drive. its about 17 hours from me. when i lived in colorado springs it was 7 hours and i know the drive from phoenix to colorado springs is 11 hours. so depending on where you are, you can make it.
SLC is a 19hr drive for me. Driving to San Diego for a Baja run is 24hrs one way. But have done that trip 4 times so far. My GEN1 has 91k miles on it now and more than half of it is just traveling to Raptor runs throughout the country.