Raptor Assault footage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got back from the Raptor Assault course. It was intense! Such an awesome experience. Recently uploaded some footage, along with introducing my new channel on Youtube, dedicated to all things Ford Raptor. I'll be featuring reviews, mods, off-roading, tips, etc... Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for future content or any questions you might have. Lastly, throw some likes my way and subscribe if you're so inclined.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVYUE56sNFZfPKK1BFET_9Q

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good start, and welcome to FRF

As you probably have done your research, there are more than dozen 'Raptor' channels on YouTube. Your content would need to be unique and interesting to be successful on YouTube.

Good luck, will look forward to your videos.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the input! I was literally just talking with the wife about having something unique earlier. Maybe I could juggle chainsaws while I talk. That would bump it up a notch. Lol.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Do they only offer SCREW’s to drive? I read somewhere that all of the Assault Raptors use a 1-quart larger differential cover to help keep the diff gears cooler.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, they were all 2019 SCREWs. Not sure about the diff covers. They are definitely pretty stock. I remember being surprised they didn't even have bead lockers. So glad we were using their trucks. Lol. It's crazy though how much abuse we put them through the whole day and no one had any issues. Great testimony to their capabilities.

D

Deleted member 12951

That was intense??

I am going at the end of July, I hope it is different in person than that video. I know after watching some of my videos that it doesn’t seem as intense as it was driving it.

I am really looking forward to the Pony Express ride from SLC to Carson City the next day/weekend. That should be an awesome 3 day trip then off to Wyoming Trail Days with [mention]The Car Stereo Company [/mention]
Now, Noah can drive.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
Haha, I know! The speed and exhilaration don't really come through in the video. I was thinking that when I watched it. Trust me though, it's a damn good time. And, even if you still think it's tame after and you're used to more extreme stuff, you get to meet a bunch of cool, like-minded individuals and maybe make some lasting friends.

Sounds like a fun trip you got planned. That's the way to do it. Not getting tickets like I did. Lol.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on for the first week in May. Did you notice is anything open around Salt Lake City?
Motels? I do not want to fly there and end up with no where to go and no place to stay.

OP
OP
Raptor Renegade
Reaction score
Sorry, I went right at the beginning of March and everything was still open. Not sure about now. Have you contacted them? I'm surprised they're still doing the classes. They might have more info on where to stay. I stayed at the Best Western in Tooele, and that was the perfect location, nice and close. You could give them a call too. Also, it's the same price as the FPRS recommended hotel with the "special rate" and they have a full breakfast.

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did contact them.. as I need to go before November - this below is from Tommy at Ford Perf:

We have added several classes and more will be added. You will still have to attend the program within 1 year of your delivery date.