Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Good summary. The experience is worth the trip/money, but don't get excited about the 'baja' portion. I almost wish they'd take it out and give you more short circuit laps. I could have done that all day. It seems the baja section is just leftovers from the initial classes, and it was a sour end to an otherwise enjoyable experience.

the baja section is a bit more fun with some mud on the course.

If you guys all want more high speed stuff, get the feedback in and ask for the 2nd day/advanced course that they have been lobbying for.

Keep in mind that Ford is the only major auto manufacturer even offering something like this, so while it isnt like a "Raptor run", it is better than nothing.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree on the Baja Course 100%. However I'm not convinced they really have radar guns. I think that's a ploy. But it isn't too hard for them to tell someone is doing over 35/40 since they watch it every day.

It’s not a ploy. They do have them and you can see them using it in the photos I took home with me.

It’s not just 35-40 either. You need to be down to like 10mph as you approach the last cone and they want to see that you’re slowing down as you approach it. I got a verbal reprimand over the radio because on my first run I started slowing to 10 after reaching the last cone instead of being at 10 once I got there. I didn’t do it intentionally though.

Last edited:

PSU_Fred

Reaction score
It’s not a ploy. They do have them and you can see them using it in the photos I took home with me.

Right. You can see something in their hand. It may be a hair dryer for all I know, but they do get on the radio if you're too fast.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Keep in mind that Ford is the only major auto manufacturer even offering something like this, so while it isnt like a "Raptor run", it is better than nothing.

... and they informed us that this is the only Ford event that gets to leave the property. So it's still pretty special.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right. You can see something in their hand. It may be a hair dryer for all I know, but they do get on the radio if you're too fast.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

... and they informed us that this is the only Ford event that gets to leave the property. So it's still pretty special.

One of the photo's they included in my stick was of the speed read out of the actual gun with a Raptor coming down the road. He was going 18 mph at the time the photo was taken. It's not a ploy or a hair dryer.

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do y'all recommend going first or second in order to get the "more exciting" sections of the off-roading?

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do y'all recommend going first or second in order to get the "more exciting" sections of the off-roading?

Are you talking about first and second with regards to the two drivers in the truck? I really don't think it'll make a difference. The instructors tell you when to switch. There will be some sections you wish you were driving and some sections you drive that your partner wishes he was driving. It's all VERY balanced in my opinion. I enjoyed the time I was the passenger.

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about first and second with regards to the two drivers in the truck? I really don't think it'll make a difference. The instructors tell you when to switch. There will be some sections you wish you were driving and some sections you drive that your partner wishes he was driving. It's all VERY balanced in my opinion. I enjoyed the time I was the passenger.
Yeah exactly! Was just looking for some insight. Thank you.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah it is extremely well balanced in that regard.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got the invite and went on the website. It says " no longer taking enrollment for these dates". All the way to the end of the year. When you call the number it wont go thru. Is this all over?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter