Quick Drive: 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"grille-mounted camera (with a tiny spray nozzle to wash away mud or dust)"

It sounds like it will be a cool toy to have.

I agree.. though I hope that someone comes up with a workaround so I can enable my camera a bit easier.. I understand why they set it up that way I guess :disgust: but I think it would be a great help parking in tight spots.

What say some of you more technologically in tune folks on here?? Do you think that's within the realm of possibility?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree.. though I hope that someone comes up with a workaround so I can enable my camera a bit easier.. I understand why they set it up that way I guess :disgust: but I think it would be a great help parking in tight spots.

What say some of you more technologically in tune folks on here?? Do you think that's within the realm of possibility?

My 2 cents (as a software engineer that knows nothing about car software). I think it really depends on where the "lockout" function occurs. If it's something within the camera/nav unit then I think it's a lot more likely and a lot easier. If it's built into the truck's software - ie won't even let you try to select the camera in the wrong mode, then it sounds much more difficult.

I have little doubt someone will figure out a way regardless, but it could be easy, or it could be hard.

How's that for giving you zero information? :ROFLJest:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tight parking spots in a Raptor? I park way-the-hell-out when I drive the beast.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents (as a software engineer that knows nothing about car software). I think it really depends on where the "lockout" function occurs. If it's something within the camera/nav unit then I think it's a lot more likely and a lot easier. If it's built into the truck's software - ie won't even let you try to select the camera in the wrong mode, then it sounds much more difficult.

I have little doubt someone will figure out a way regardless, but it could be easy, or it could be hard.

How's that for giving you zero information? :ROFLJest:

Excellent points and kinda where I was going with my own thoughts as well. I'm certain eventually someone will do it, if for no other reason than it's a challenge.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
even if the trucks software locks it out, isn't there any analog inputs for the dash nav screen? I'm sure somebody can figurout the pinout and power source for the front camera, and come up with a kit to splice in, or plug in and pigtail off to an aux input for however you want to use the front camera.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
If I recall, Nav-TV has a way to view the rear camera whenever you want, so I think the front cam wouldn't be much more difficult

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lock-pick allows use of my front camera anytime...I use it at the ranch, and in parking lots to help avoid cars and keep a look for kids....

That said- I used to work for a trucking company, and I got sent to many safety seminars.

The best thing you can do to avoid accidents 75% of the time is to back into your parking spot. As you pull up to your spot, you are already familiar with traffic, and your backup camera works for that use specifically. When you get ready to pull out is when 3/4 of the accidents with vehicles occur. Facing forward gives you every advantage to avoid the unknown.