Question #9 sponsored by Ol' Farty Fart: Factory accessories info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a new Raptor without stock mats. You getting a SCAB or SCREW? The crew floor mats cover down to the sill but stuff can still get down into the carpet...dog got car sick before and puked right on the edge and it went under the Sill cover. My dealer already installed the protection pack when I picked it up...door edge guards, handle guards, and little guards that protect the inside of the tailgate where it touches the side of the bed. I hate when dealers try to get you to buy all this inferior crap from them when you can get better stuff aftermarket.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditch the roof glass if you ever plan on taking this thing off road. I don't personally know anyone who hasn't had an issue with their sun/moon roof

That moonroof is one of the things my wife likes most. I'll deal with it.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a new Raptor without stock mats. You getting a SCAB or SCREW? The crew floor mats cover down to the sill but stuff can still get down into the carpet...dog got car sick before and puked right on the edge and it went under the Sill cover. My dealer already installed the protection pack when I picked it up...door edge guards, handle guards, and little guards that protect the inside of the tailgate where it touches the side of the bed. I hate when dealers try to get you to buy all this inferior crap from them when you can get better stuff aftermarket.

Protection Pack? Is that a option? Haven't seen that.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in my quest for the perfect build sheet (so nice you can build a Raptor and never by it!), I am wondering the quality of some factory accessories as they seem to be fairly priced. A list will follow;

1) Floor Mats: Can't find them on the accessory list and one dealer says he thinks they're included with the truck.

2) Exterior Trim Kit - Body Armour Rocket Panel Protection $249: It looks like it would help prevent rust/scuffs on the door sills?

Any advice is always appreciated.

Floor mats w/ Raptor logo are included, but the actual floor coverage is eh. You’re better off taking a look at the floor liner thread in the Interior forum.

From my little research, that Body Protection kit is stuck on with adhesive. You’re better off possibly clear bra-ing the Ford Performance logo, keeping the truck clean, and investing (or DIYing) a product called Woolwax, since it seems like you’re in the rust belt.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Protection Pack? Is that a option? Haven't seen that.
It was called the clear shield protection kit which had the clear door edge guards, door handle cup guards, etc. The dealer also added stamped SN on various panels as anti-theft and coding for pulse which is flashing brake lights under heavy braking. I’ve had dealers do this before where I order a truck and have an agreed price, then it shows up and they have added in all this crap and say I have to buy it that way. Mine was a left over ‘19 though so I just bought it as is and didn’t order anything. The massive discount outweighed the loss to all the add ons.

83C6830B-67DC-4FD3-9BE6-6D9DE3ED1C60.png

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was called the clear shield protection kit which had the clear door edge guards, door handle cup guards, etc. The dealer also added stamped SN on various panels as anti-theft and coding for pulse which is flashing brake lights under heavy braking. I’ve had dealers do this before where I order a truck and have an agreed price, then it shows up and they have added in all this crap and say I have to buy it that way. Mine was a left over ‘19 though so I just bought it as is and didn’t order anything. The massive discount outweighed the loss to all the add ons.

View attachment 145949

At $88k I hope that's a Roush!