Question #9 sponsored by Ol' Farty Fart: Factory accessories info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in my quest for the perfect build sheet (so nice you can build a Raptor and never by it!), I am wondering the quality of some factory accessories as they seem to be fairly priced. A list will follow;

1) Floor Mats: Can't find them on the accessory list and one dealer says he thinks they're included with the truck.

2) Exterior Trim Kit - Body Armour Rocket Panel Protection $249: It looks like it would help prevent rust/scuffs on the door sills?

3) HitchScan Rear Park Assist by Rosen® $259: Doesn't it come with the trailer assist parking knob thingy?

4) Sportliner™ by BedRug $479: Is this the same BedRug that everyone installs?

5) Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus $208: Does the Raptor not come with a built in alarm?

6) Dashcam & Rear Facing Camerca by Thinkware® $329: This sounds pretty cheap for a front/rear facing cam. Is it crap?

Any advice is always appreciated.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in my quest for the perfect build sheet (so nice you can build a Raptor and never by it!), I am wondering the quality of some factory accessories as they seem to be fairly priced. A list will follow;

1) Floor Mats: Can't find them on the accessory list and one dealer says he thinks they're included with the truck.

2) Exterior Trim Kit - Body Armour Rocket Panel Protection $249: It looks like it would help prevent rust/scuffs on the door sills?

3) HitchScan Rear Park Assist by Rosen® $259: Doesn't it come with the trailer assist parking knob thingy?

4) Sportliner™ by BedRug $479: Is this the same BedRug that everyone installs?

5) Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus $208: Does the Raptor not come with a built in alarm?

6) Dashcam & Rear Facing Camerca by Thinkware® $329: This sounds pretty cheap for a front/rear facing cam. Is it crap?

Any advice is always appreciated.

1. Stock floor mats are usually junk, the ones in the Raptor I test drove don’t offer full coverage out to the sill. I like the 3D Maxpider ones on the last couple vehicles I’ve had, much better than Weathertechs. Truck should have rubber mats stock.

2. I saw that trim kit but didn’t order it. I can get clear bra done there if needed.

3. Hitchscan park assist is redundant with the sensors already on the truck.

4. Don’t know, but I want a spray in liner (aftermarket) anyway.

5. 802A already comes with extra security hits installed. If that is a perimeter sensor I wouldn’t want it as they seem to cause false alarms.

6. The dash cam was tempting, but the notes said installation was not included. I purchased a good front/rear dash cam for $120 last year, so it seems overpriced to me.

I ordered 802A and the tailgate step, nothing else. I didn’t want the Recaro seats, headlocks, or decals, and the sunroof isn’t an option on the Scab (don’t want one anyway).

Here is a picture of the floor mats in the truck I drove.

D832BD71-8505-45D3-829D-FFC6E2A5EE9C.jpeg

Last edited:

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the factory rubber mats that are included with the truck. On the rear they go down the side to the step. the ones above stop on the flat floor. I'd try them out before buying something a head of time.
I'd skip 2-4
5 is mostly covered in the 802A
6 is meh.

100% agree on the tailgate step

I think the hood decals are needed, at least on a magnetic and lead foot because of the glare.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the hood decals are needed, at least on a magnetic and lead foot because of the glare.

I was thinking about getting the hood and roof wrapped in flat black for glare reduction and sun protection in AZ. I saw a white Raptor with those two areas done and it looked good. AZ is brutal on horizontal services.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the hood and roof wrapped in flat black for glare reduction and sun protection in AZ. I saw a white Raptor with those two areas done and it looked good. AZ is brutal on horizontal services.
I for sure want to get the roof done.

im considering a move to Scottsdale so this is good info. Thanks.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A few years ago I owned an FJ Cruiser. It's well-known in that community that the white paint on the top of the cab keeps the truck cooler. Many opt to paint it body color or black (a few factory versions also come with something other than white). But everyone generally agrees that a white top is cooler in the summer. Am I missing what you are saying about a black cab top in AZ?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I owned an FJ Cruiser. It's well-known in that community that the white paint on the top of the cab keeps the truck cooler. Many opt to paint it body color or black (a few factory versions also come with something other than white). But everyone generally agrees that a white top is cooler in the summer. Am I missing what you are saying about a black cab top in AZ?

White is certainly cooler than black in the desert, but I think a white wrapped roof on a Leadfoot truck would look dumb. My main concern is keeping the UV off the paint long term. My last two trucks have had the paint on the roof bubble within 8 years. I do my part to wash and wax them, but the sun just ruins everything here. The flat black wrap on the hood would be for glare, many of the FJ guys do this too. I’m not certain I will actually do it.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White is certainly cooler than black in the desert, but I think a white wrapped roof on a Leadfoot truck would look dumb. My main concern is keeping the UV off the paint long term. My last two trucks have had the paint on the roof bubble within 8 years. I do my part to wash and wax them, but the sun just ruins everything here. The flat black wrap on the hood would be for glare, many of the FJ guys do this too. I’m not certain I will actually do it.

Ahh, I gotcha. You're protecting the paint. Makes perfect sense. I agree, white top on leadfoot probably isn't a winning combo. I don't know if a white top on any Raptor would be a winning combo...

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing 802a, tailgate step, moonroof, engine block heater, Recaros and 2nd row heated seats.
Ditch the roof glass if you ever plan on taking this thing off road. I don't personally know anyone who hasn't had an issue with their sun/moon roof