PPF Buyers Remorse + I'm an idiot = I'm lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the gloss looks bad. I had my front bumper done on my Gen2 in gloss and liked it. To each their own.
i never understand spending money in ppf specially if you resale the truck in 3 years!
I do the same... I know, to some a waste of money. But for me, piece of mind for big chips. That's just me.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
if its been on a week, it will be tough to pull. we use a water and alcohol mixture that relaxes the adhesive on the film. once the mixture evaporates the adhesive sticks really good. very rarely do we use heat to apply rilm now days, its usually stretched on. you can use soap and water and start peeling it back from a point making sure the film is constantly wet so it doesnt restick itself. good luck unstickifying yourself
Just pull it off yourself who cares if it looks bad then LineX over them…Easy button

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the gloss looks bad. I had my front bumper done on my Gen2 in gloss and liked it. To each their own.

I do the same... I know, to some a waste of money. But for me, piece of mind for big chips. That's just me.
at $ 200 a panel to repaint!

OP
OP
RaptorAU

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck is going next Wednesday to a shop an hour away for about two weeks. It's getting matte PPF on the entire truck(truck will be taken apart), flares taken off, film removed and matte installed and if they need touched up that as well, plus Eibach 1" front springs, Method 703s in black, and 37" BFG's. Will update with pics later.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pull it off yourself who cares if it looks bad then LineX over them…Easy button
This is the equivalent of saying: If you dont like your ribeye medium rare then have them take it back and bring you chicken nuggets. Easy solution, but the resolution sucks buttermilk.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is going next Wednesday to a shop an hour away for about two weeks. It's getting matte PPF on the entire truck(truck will be taken apart), flares taken off, film removed and matte installed and if they need touched up that as well, plus Eibach 1" front springs, Method 703s in black, and 37" BFG's. Will update with pics later.

I can tell you’ve got money to burn but matte PPF on a white truck isn’t going to look much different. You sure that’s what you want? Matte stands out much more on dark colors (like your flares).