Dealer ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bukaroo

Reaction score
I got the Raptor not to long ago and was dealer “ceramic” coated. Thinking I may still do a paint correction and ceramic/ nano coating from a trusted shop before applying PPF.

Question is normal PPF or the matte/stealth ppf. I have not seen one yet in the velocity blue color stealth-wise PPF on a gen3 IMG_8590.jpeg

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I do love VB I'm not sure it's the best color for stealth wrap. VB has a lot of depth and brightness to it and the stealth wrap takes away from that a bit. I feel like stealth wraps do best on neutral colors.

Also - no offense to any dealerships but I wouldn't trust their ceramic coating for the life of me. They probably use a ceramic detailing spray and said "good enough, it has the word ceramic in it". I remember when I got my last F150 they told me it made the truck unscratchable. Took a lot of self control not to tell them they were full of s*** considering I knew exactly what the product did at the time. A good PPF installer will want the paint flawless underneath before installing and that will require a correction first. Mine asked me not even to drive it and take it right to them after getting it from the dealer.

Here's a VB bronco for reference:
IMG_1695.jpeg

OP
OP
bukaroo

bukaroo

Reaction score
While I do love VB I'm not sure it's the best color for stealth wrap. VB has a lot of depth and brightness to it and the stealth wrap takes away from that a bit. I feel like stealth wraps do best on neutral colors.

Also - no offense to any dealerships but I wouldn't trust their ceramic coating for the life of me. They probably use a ceramic detailing spray and said "good enough, it has the word ceramic in it". I remember when I got my last F150 they told me it made the truck unscratchable. Took a lot of self control not to tell them they were full of s*** considering I knew exactly what the product did at the time. A good PPF installer will want the paint flawless underneath before installing and that will require a correction first. Mine asked me not even to drive it and take it right to them after getting it from the dealer.

Here's a VB bronco for reference:
View attachment 442997
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I’m always very hesitant in regards to what dealers say with how well they say anything will work unless I know the vendor they subcontract it out too if not in house. Most of the major dealers here in NC I have some knowledge to their operations from working in a “big bank” so I don’t get to many surprises. This vehicle tho I didn’t get a heads up tho when purchased since it was outside of my usual network so who knows lol.

In regards to the stealth ppf I was actually looking for the flat look with this color bc I do surprisingly like it kind of unique in my eyes without being over the top. I am doing a full paint correction before application of the ppf so it’s done the right way.

I’ve got a few parts on the way so figured while it’s getting pulled apart to just get that done as well

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got mine back today and really like the job that they did they did everything except the glass very happy

Attachments

• 7277E0B5-AC6F-4585-91D2-8F6AAAE2342F.jpeg
    7277E0B5-AC6F-4585-91D2-8F6AAAE2342F.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 950520E2-F0F7-4A34-9421-2BEF5F92EF49.jpeg
    950520E2-F0F7-4A34-9421-2BEF5F92EF49.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 34

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks they even did the tono cover