Is ceramic coating worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you mess up the clear if you dont know what your doing with cermaic? worse case can it be corrected back to clear?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You wouldn't damage the paint, but you could get an uneven ceramic finish/shine. It's really not that hard though, jsut go one panel at a time.

It can be removed, but it's not easy, since that's kind of the whole point of it.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
worse case if you mess up the paint is still fine and its coated for the time being until eventually it will wear away. looks like a win win for doing yourself. maybe do the tailgate first and if it comes out ok then onto the next. if not then have someone do it

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want to see what it can do without going whole hog, you could start with this stuff.

You get a feeling for the shine and slickness of a full ceramic coating with going all out on it initially. You have to apply it the same way, fully coat one panel and buff off the excess.

Use gloves as it'll make your hands slick for quite a while. I tried to cut grass with a lawn tractor once after using that Turtle Wax stuff on a car without gloves and it was nearly impossible to get any grip on the plastic wheel of the mower with coated hands.

RollTigers

Reaction score
Ceramic is definitely the way to go. I did it myself because I wasn’t gonna pay $1500-$2000 to have my truck ceramic coated. I used Adam’s Polishes out of Colorado. The customer service and products are phenomenal. I would look at their very educational videos on YouTube to get an idea of how to do it. I highly recommend it

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my F250 and R both done… highly recommend it!! My guy uses Ceramic Pro brand, I like it and will have my 24-801A done as soon as it’s unloaded

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear all of this I was told by a friend that it’s the best thing to do I’m in AZ with no garage or car port so it’s pretty much in the elements 24/7 it may be a little pricey but the company that’s doing it says it comes with a 5 year warranty they sent me the process and I couldn’t believe what they said 8-12 hours of buffing in prep work and all the other stuff that many of you guys have already said it secluded for Wednesday and it’s a 2 day process they told me it’s 10 times harder than the factory clear coat thanks everyone for the information makes me feel better I really wasn’t sure about until now

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear all of this I was told by a friend that it’s the best thing to do I’m in AZ with no garage or car port so it’s pretty much in the elements 24/7 it may be a little pricey but the company that’s doing it says it comes with a 5 year warranty they sent me the process and I couldn’t believe what they said 8-12 hours of buffing in prep work and all the other stuff that many of you guys have already said it secluded for Wednesday and it’s a 2 day process they told me it’s 10 times harder than the factory clear coat thanks everyone for the information makes me feel better I really wasn’t sure about until now
Review the warranty. Most require a yearly topping installed by a certified dealer and any scratches or chipped paint repaired. 300-500 dollars a year costs. Do it yourself and save big.