Power steering went out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These units have a servo motor and timing belt that will strip the teeth . You are probably going to get some grief about the 37s putting more load on unit. Swap back to stock wheels and tires before you take it in.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford just let me know that steering gear is all done....and it' on national backorder. June 15th estimate, wtf, sucks!

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Ford just let me know that steering gear is all done....and it' on national backorder. June 15th estimate, wtf, sucks!

I'd understand a part for a refridgerator being on backorder, but WTF is up with Ford not having items in stock. A steering gear, which I assume is the same one used in all F150 trucks. From beadlocks, to carbon fiber, to whatever else someone has talked about on this site.......It's ridiculous that Ford has such QC issues these days! It's nearly to the level of cell phone service dropping calls in Austin, Texas in 2018.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part came in....on the rack. My fordpass app is showing engine misfire faults...wonder what else they are doing.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 72

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I needed a new PCM that was on national back-order... Took 5 weeks to get my truck back.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck back today, all new steering rack. The only problem is now multiple errors: front sensor not aligned and front camera malfunction. They told me you are good to go, saw errors and they argued that the steering didnt cause that, I told them sure funny that the steering goes out and you return this thing to me with errors, you think maybe some of the circuit boards fried and then shorted out ACC module or anything...blank look on their face. Service manager walked out with me and looked at front radar sensor and said I would need to align it and then they could take a look because if Ford saw sensor on intercooler they would say bye bye.. Well how the F*** can I do that when the codes it throws you cant run the service procedure. Crazy

Last edited: