**** poor exhaust tone/sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
headers with 4 smaller pipes would make it sound better but what's the point, it's still a v6 just go quiet.

Actually headers are a no go.. this is a twin turbo with manifolds that have the turbo integrated. Headers are only for a NA V6 like on the mustang. Apples and Oranges. With The Turbos the Downpipe is the part you want to replace for the added power

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SilentShooter;1075374 when I get in a Gen 1 now with factory exhaust it freaks me out how quiet it is. I don't do quiet.. [/QUOTE said:
you appear to be a conflicted person by your screen name.... just a casual observation

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back everyone was saying they were buying the new Raptors and didn't give two hoots about the sound. Is all the new exhaust talk about changing the sound to be more like a V8, or is it for increased performance? Just trying to get my head around the sudden influx of exhaust jibber jabber. It's a true dual, 3" exhaust right? How do you improve upon that? I can see a less restrictive muffler, maybe, but the rest of this 'sound' stuff just doesn't compute......

My main goal is for tone improvement, any performance gain is just a bonus. The only caveat to the tone improvement is that I should not lose HP. HP remaining equivalent to stock is fine by me. After all, the truck is not a racer, but it should touch that happy bone when I turn it on.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys have been getting 450+ HP out of the 6.2L for years at a lot less cost.

And the sound is just what it needs to be.

The 10 speed tranny is the only thing giving that little V6 any numbers.

I sure would like to know what gear Ford used to put up the numbers.

I bet you put the 10 speed in a first Gen and it will do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds

I believe they used 5th gear as it's closest 1:1..per Hennessy. Take that for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe they used 5th gear as it's closest 1:1..per Hennessy. Take that for what it's worth.

I was just BS ing, the advertised HP is 450 and that is BHP (aka FWHP) what it puts down to the ground is another story. Dyno results will come and with what gear, that is going to be interesting.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this talk about changing the way the new Gen2's sound. I just don't get it. A while back everyone was saying they were buying the new Raptors and didn't give two hoots about the sound. Is all the new exhaust talk about changing the sound to be more like a V8, or is it for increased performance? Just trying to get my head around the sudden influx of exhaust jibber jabber. It's a true dual, 3" exhaust right? How do you improve upon that? I can see a less restrictive muffler, maybe, but the rest of this 'sound' stuff just doesn't compute......

It would appear the crawfishing has begun!!

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the sound of my GTR Exhaust, I wouldn't mind my raptor sounding like it..

Curious if a exhaust company will try and make one sound close to a GTR..