Phase 1 or 2 Roush sc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew 157

Reaction score
Should I just go ahead and order the phase 2 kit for my supercharger before I install it and have it flashed. I am more wanting reliablitly over to much power I don't want to start breaking stuff. What your thoughts and reviews on this from other guys that upgraded already!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what are the benefits? i have not been in a single situation offroad i thought more power would have done any good?

the suspension is the limiting factory with how large and heavy of a vehicle it is. shit has plenty of power imo.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what are the benefits? i have not been in a single situation offroad i thought more power would have done any good?

the suspension is the limiting factory with how large and heavy of a vehicle it is. shit has plenty of power imo.

The only difference in the two kits is the Pulley size. It's about 2-3 psi of boost, which can give you more performance for sure. Having the extra boost also gives you a good kick in the Torque department. Probably another 50 lb/ft at least. In my opinion Roush should only offer they're stage 2 kit. A supercharger takes power away from the motor to drive it, with only 5-6 psi it's not very efficient. but with 8-9 psi your more in the operating range efficiency of the supercharger. It's still a safe range for these motors, we often put an even smaller pulley on and get over 10 psi boost. As long as your running premium 91-93 octane it's very safe.

JimIII

OP
OP
A

Andrew 157

Reaction score
I got the phase 2 and just order my tune from you last night jim I ready get that thing in the truck see how it helps!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you have to ask what the benefits of more power are, then you should definitely keep your truck stock.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have to ask what the benefits of more power are, then you should definitely keep your truck stock.

well I know what more power is, but i dont see how its helping these trucks offroad any. im not running out of power, im running out of travel.

i think the kit is sweet though, and will for sure make it more enjoyable getting on the highway.