Perch Mod vs Leveling Kit Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to add one thing in to the above. Collectively we know raising the perch loads the shock. I'm going to name one driving condition that this is detrimental to. That is the dreaded washboard dirt road. I have decades of experience in them with so many suspension/tire/weight variables in trying to find the ultimate driveability/comfort set up for almost as long.
Funny that off the showroom floor the OE Rap handles it better than any other setup I've tried. Short of building a worx truck.
Let me also expound on what kind of condition I'm talking about. So severe are these common wash board conditions that exceeding 15mph in a new 2dr. passenger car will likely send you off the road. Some are over 30 yards in length. The ruts spaced 2-5" apart and 3-7" deep. On a 10% decline with a off camber turn 50 yards in front of the condition,it makes for a white knuckle ride. Especially when the majority of incompetent drivers here like to spend all their time in the opposite lane. (Bird are you listening?) lol
Sadly I must remain on the bottom perch for lack of funds to modify to the best of my handling needs. lol (any donations would be greatly appreciated) Soft is essential on washboards.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
nah, you just gotta go faster over the washboard. skip over half of em that way.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like bowling shoe's on a frozen pond........and so much vibration you cant see straight. But the ladies dig it.

bajabuddy

Reaction score
So really,what is the best way to level the Raptor? Spacers or Perch..? Or just leave it alone. No one likes the rake look,most all of the pre-runners and off Roaders,the front end is at best level with the back if not raised a bit. Maybe we should find a way to lower the rear to level the Raptor out instead of trying to raise the front...:wtf2:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So really,what is the best way to level the Raptor? Spacers or Perch..? Or just leave it alone. No one likes the rake look,most all of the pre-runners and off Roaders,the front end is at best level with the back if not raised a bit. Maybe we should find a way to lower the rear to level the Raptor out instead of trying to raise the front...:wtf2:

Going to mid perch is a good idea and won't mess anything up. If the back is still too high I know SDHQ sells lowering shackles for the rear.

bajabuddy

Reaction score
Come now really..,with the thousands of Raptors out there no one has the perfect no Bull set up for this? I'm I one of the only few that wants a level truck? Someone has to have the No Bull solution for this option.:rocking:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Come now really..,with the thousands of Raptors out there no one has the perfect no Bull set up for this? I'm I one of the only few that wants a level truck? Someone has to have the No Bull solution for this option.:rocking:

Maybe it's because the question has been answered about 8,000 times on here already. Aaron was nice enough to provide you with an answer. If you don't like it take a look around the forum. You'll find a lot more posts with a lot more info on the subject.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

Top perch and a leveling spacer in the front and a 6" block lift in the rear....

I regret even giving you the real answer. Maybe stop being lazy and do some searching and reading.