Perch Mod vs Leveling Kit Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostfiend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just joined the mid perch mod group did it my self did the left side saturday right side today sunday. Followed sdhqs saturday and that took me forever for i took off the wrong bolts here and there that night i came across rpgs video god i felt stupid. That was so easy took me about 2 hours

Also dont feel like reading through all the comments but i found somewhere that the dealership will do a free alignment if my truck has under 12k miles where is that paper or what does it look like thanks rpg and sdhq for great write ups

Last edited:

roncmac

Reaction score
Leveling kit. Does it ruin stock Ride?

Been driving Chevy for 30 years. Bought raptor with Roush supercharged 590 hp!
Wish I would have done it when I first seen Raptor.
Worried about putting leveling kit on and ruining the ride.
Done it to Chevy and it ruined it.
Please honest response on the difference between stock and leveled.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the level kit with no ill effects and did not alter how smooth the ride was.. So far I recently inspected the outer boots and tested for binding and all is rolling just fine... At 30,000 miles I am going to tear it all apart put and do a complete inspection...

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whether or not leveling kits cause any damage, I would go mid perch. After you start putting offroad miles on your truck you'll start to realize how easy it is to bottom out the front end. A leveling kit and perch mod both lift the front 2inches which is what you want. However, mid perch also adds additional preload which is a good thing for the Raptor. It will help to fight the weight of the Raptor as you come down which will help from bottoming out the front end. IMO this is even more important as you start adding heavier aftermarket bumpers, lighting, and winches.

My 2011 Screw was on mid perch and the ride was great. I recently picked up a 13 and drove it around on bottom perch before getting my Icon's put on. I can say the difference was negligible between mid perch and if anything I'd prefer mid as it feels better around the corners.

After having pretty much every setup possible except for a spacer kit (which I'm sure rides nice), the most plush ride is mid perch with some deavers in the rear. Adding progressive springs to the rear is probably the best thing you can do for on road ride comfort. And they perform way better than stock springs offroad. Ask Tbone, he drove my truck and was very impressed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockerFL