Paint Sealant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flash_e

Reaction score
How long do you let it sit on the paint before you wipe it off? Have been thinking about giving this a try for a while now.

I usually wait about 12 hours to make sure it has had time to fully cure. The collinite #845 works well and is pretty durable. I have used it on my vehicles but I actually bought it to use on our boat.

BrandonSVT

Reaction score
On my 03 I used the Claybar,M105/205,Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze,Klasse Sealant, and Meguiars Carnuba(can't remeber the number) and I got great results as well as longevity from this. I don't think my new truck will need the M105/205 but I am going to clay, then glaze, sealant, and carnuba. I did all steps with the Porter Cable 7424 except the final wax.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BossHoss,

What do you do to remove possible dust/debris contamination during the 6 hours between sealing and waxing? Is their any kind of wipe down you do before waxing?

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BossHoss,

What do you do to remove possible dust/debris contamination during the 6 hours between sealing and waxing? Is their any kind of wipe down you do before waxing?

Outstanding question!!! I use a "duster" that my wife gets for me! Works like a charm... Just a very light once over is all it takes to get the dust off.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is there anything we can put on the decals to protect them?

I do not have any---always takethem off because eventually they age and look like crap. Then when you take them off the UV's may leave a very very faint outline of where they were. On every car or truck I buy if they hav4e stickers they come off.

The wax does not hurt them---everything else I could not tell you.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Wilson---those things work great! Have not had one in years because I use the "blue thingy" that my wife gives me..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter