Water heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes i will lay down in the shower and let the water massage my hip and knee (hip replacement, plus other damage) sometimes i fall asleep. if the wife starts the dishwasher or washing machine, it gets colder for a few seconds while the heater kicks on and gets hotter to compensate for the additional hot water draw, but it catches up pretty quick. however it wakes me up

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes i will lay down in the shower and let the water massage my hip and knee (hip replacement, plus other damage) sometimes i fall asleep. if the wife starts the dishwasher or washing machine, it gets colder for a few seconds while the heater kicks on and gets hotter to compensate for the additional hot water draw, but it catches up pretty quick. however it wakes me up
In my early days in the Air Force on mid shift I would sometimes fall asleep on the crapper. But never in the shower. I guess tankless would be the way to go for that.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my early days in the Air Force on mid shift I would sometimes fall asleep on the crapper. But never in the shower. I guess tankless would be the way to go for that.
after 3 back surgeries, a hip replacement, and now maybe a knee replacement coming, its amazing what warm water faiiling for the shower head does. i didnt discover it until after my fusion in my lower back. i couldnt stand so i sat down in the shower. realized, hey, this feels good. so when i have a rough day and its hard to move, i will sit or lay down. fell asleep a couple times

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried the tankless water heater when they first came out in the early 80's. Went through three units in five years so I gave up on this technology. It was powered by two 220 circuits and cost a small fortune to operate, was for a kitchen sink and a dishwasher only.

IMG_0351.JPG

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after 3 back surgeries, a hip replacement, and now maybe a knee replacement coming, its amazing what warm water faiiling for the shower head does. i didnt discover it until after my fusion in my lower back. i couldnt stand so i sat down in the shower. realized, hey, this feels good. so when i have a rough day and its hard to move, i will sit or lay down. fell asleep a couple times
I have the same issues and we just bought a house with a built in hot tub inside the house. I use that. It a life saver some days. Hope your issues. Get better soon. Mine is from the military beating me up. We thought about tankless for this house and may still.