Overlanding Spare Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I completely overlooked all electrical so thanks for the reminder. I dont plan on bringing axles cause I'll have buddies that can pull me so I can limp in 4wd home, same goes for iwe. I am strongly considering a 2nd spare as I plan on relocating the current spare and installing on board air. However I might be bringing a steering rack...

the gen2s suffer from more electrical-related issues more than anything.

you will want to at least bring a "plug" for the driver's side front axle shaft. If you break or damage it and it needs to be removed, all of the differential fluid will leak out if you don't have a plug.

I would also throw some JB weld, pocket change, and hose clamps.

OP
OP
Steebo

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer but what devices if any are needed to see check engine light codes on the Raptor? Many of items you are talking about can be physically seen and wouldn't even throw a check engine like a tie rod end or something. If you are over landing you need a way to know what the check engine light status is should it come up and then the tools to possibly fix it.

Second spare, tire plug kit, OBA and auto air down (
), PB Blaster, I would consider adding to the list.

I keep my scanning tool in the truck. As soon as the truck throws a code I read it the same hour. I use BlueDriver obd2 wireless scanner. It's super compact and inexpensive however you need a phone as a companion tool which is the only slight downside

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep my scanning tool in the truck. As soon as the truck throws a code I read it the same hour. I use BlueDriver obd2 wireless scanner. It's super compact and inexpensive however you need a phone as a companion tool which is the only slight downside

I've heard good things about the BlueDriver.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I thought that goes without saying.;) Besides, even if you don't stay overnight...
desert rule #1, " If you break your truck, first relax, then crack a beer. Use the time that it takes to finish the beer to contemplate the best way to fix the truck. Once beer is finished, commence fixing truck."