One more thing checked off the list... Bakflip Fibermax installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The water is dripping in midway up the right rail. I just can't seem to figure out if it is from the middle seem or from the right rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, we got almost 2" of rain in just a few hours last night so I checked my bed... got just a little water in it on both sides. it looked to be coming in from above the wheel wells. There wasn't enough to really concern me or even enough that it would have got anything wet that I had back there, plus it was an absolute torrential downpour! So, with regular rain I don't think much of anything gets in. I'll take a look when I have a few free minutes to see if there's anything I can tighten up.

I'm still completely satisfied with the Bakflip. The only thing I need now is one of those plastic clips that hold the stabilizer bar along the side of the bed... one broke during shipping.

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, we got almost 2" of rain in just a few hours last night so I checked my bed... got just a little water in it on both sides. it looked to be coming in from above the wheel wells. There wasn't enough to really concern me or even enough that it would have got anything wet that I had back there, plus it was an absolute torrential downpour! So, with regular rain I don't think much of anything gets in. I'll take a look when I have a few free minutes to see if there's anything I can tighten up.

I'm still completely satisfied with the Bakflip. The only thing I need now is one of those plastic clips that hold the stabilizer bar along the side of the bed... one broke during shipping.

This is exactly what I get. It's not enough to make me worry. But it's still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been having this problem a lot lately. Heavy rain and when the truck is sitting (overnight) the rain will get in between the tailgate and the bed and pool in my bedrug. Normally wouldn't mind it but don't want a moldy bedrug.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

No leaks on my Roll-x. For the guys just installing a cover (no matter what it is), add some foam weather stripping to fill the gap between the tailgate and the bed. Otherwise you'll get a little water and a ton of dust in the bed with the cover closed. Home Depot has some 3/4" thick by 1-1/4" wide x 10' long that works perfectly. I ran short pieces up the sides where the tailgate closes as well. Install on the bed side.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll have to see if there is some on amazon.