GEN 2 OIL FILTER RELOCATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've not done my first yet but after seeing you guys pics and such I'd be VERY interested in a relocation as long as it didn't cause issue. Yet another thing I miss about my old 2007 FJ Cruiser. Oil filter was inverted at the top drivers front of the head. Had a molded in cup that caught any spillage and had a barbed fitting under that you could put a piece of hose to drain into a bottle. That and a Fumoto = best oil changes EVER!

Tacoma pic but the same:
_MG_9855-134157.jpg

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2.7 Eco Boost has the filter on top. That would be convenient.

Sam

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the computer already drops the oil pressure randomly anyway.

watch it on an obd2 guage. stupid variable pressure computer-controlled pump will drop oil pressure below 20psi under constant throttle.
That’s at the sensor. If you’re under boost you might be getting some extra pressure from somewhere else under constant throttle.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
That’s at the sensor. If you’re under boost you might be getting some extra pressure from somewhere else under constant throttle.
you might, but you aren't.

The timing setup and the oiling design are the two major flaws with the ecoboost.

There are upgrades available for both, but they aren't exactly inexpensive.

If y'all hate where the filter is, you can spend about 6K and upgrade to a dry-sump system. ( yes, they can be had for an ecoboost)

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good to know. I was just guessing

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
good to know. I was just guessing
the upgraded timing components are also 6K. essentially you can swap the entirety of the Ford GT timing componentry onto a raptor, but its all or nothing. ( i.e. you cant just use the Ford GT chain guides, you have to do the whole banana)