GEN 2 OIL FILTER RELOCATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done an oil filter relocation on there truck or know of a oil filter relocation kit?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with this guys. When they say you’ll have “minimal oil pressure drop” to me could be a red flag. These Raps are so precise on engineering that I would not want any pressure drop. Oil is the life blood for engines so Ifor one will leave my filter where it’s at. After access panel removed it only takes 5 min to change it and clean up what drips. You only have to change it every 5000 so no biggie. Just saying.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Be careful with this guys. When they say you’ll have “minimal oil pressure drop” to me could be a red flag. These Raps are so precise on engineering that I would not want any pressure drop. Oil is the life blood for engines so Ifor one will leave my filter where it’s at. After access panel removed it only takes 5 min to change it and clean up what drips. You only have to change it every 5000 so no biggie. Just saying.

the computer already drops the oil pressure randomly anyway.

watch it on an obd2 guage. stupid variable pressure computer-controlled pump will drop oil pressure below 20psi under constant throttle.

TheDentonMare

Reaction score
It's certainly a bit awkard changing that filter, I do it myself in the garage w/o a lift - but it's not anything that I'd want to mess with dropping pressure, added costs and voiding warranty to improve.

The design sure does make me appreciate BMW design - with a top mount oil filter that's incredibly easy to access.