Oil Consumption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wraptur76

Reaction score
Anyone had issues with their engines consuming oil??

My truck as been in the shop now 3 times in the span of 7k miles for low oil.

I bought it brand new & at about 2500 miles...while driving the turbos maxed out & it felt as if the car was shifted into neutral with no power. I took to the dealer & it only had 2 qrts of oil in the engine. They thought that maybe it came from the factory without enough & was not caught in the PDI. The dealer changed the oil & told me to check it after about 500 miles to see if the level was okay. I did check & all was good!

I drove it for approx. 2500 more miles & the same thing started happening. Drove it straight to the dealer & again....extremely low oil levels. They tried to blame me for the way I drive! I laughed....told them if driving back & forth to work at about 55mph is bad, then I'm guilty!

They changed oil again & told me to bring back once & week for them to monitor. I again, laughed & told them that I did not buy a HONDA. I took the truck home & said to myself, I have warranty & if it happens again, I will get them to buy it back or give me brand new one.

This morning with just under 7k miles.....guess what....yes, same thing!

Anyone here experienced anything like this?

Anyone have any experience with Ford & buying back trucks?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts & feedback!

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Yikes - this low oil thing is increasing in occurrence. The standard 2017+ F150 3.5 ecoboosts are seeing this too. No answer as of yet. Consensus is drive it until it blows up... hopefully you are stock, can stay stock, and get it to happen prior to 3yrs/36k miles

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't burn a drop of oil.

Same here. Burning that much oil, I'd expect it to smoke like a two-stroke.

Also, for the OP... if it's burning that much oil, it's clogging up the cats, too... so when it finally lets go, make sure they replace the cats at the same time.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where can that much oil be going !!!! Should be dripping out of the tail pipes

OP
OP
W

Wraptur76

Reaction score
Its the weirdest thing....I park in my garage & there is absolutely zero oil on the ground. I did check the pipes & just the normal exhaust build up, but again zero oil. As well as zero smoke from the car at start up or during any sort of driving.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Its the weirdest thing....I park in my garage & there is absolutely zero oil on the ground. I did check the pipes & just the normal exhaust build up, but again zero oil. As well as zero smoke from the car at start up or during any sort of driving.

The skid plates hold a ton of oil

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The skid plates hold a ton of oil

Can you post some photos of your Gen 2 Raptor skid plates and point out where they would hold 4 quarts of oil and not drip out anywhere? All of the plates on mine are clean and oil free with 8900 plus miles. Mine also will not hold any water, so would like to see what you are referring to. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts