Official Payload Increase Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jarrett, you guys are killing me. Yet another thing I'm thinking of adding to my RPG wishlist.

So, I gather these will help with towing also. That's my big worry since I haven't seen anywhere what the decrease is in the towing capacity with the standard National Springs in my Stage 3 kit. Is that out there somewhere that I missed?

I love all the great work you guys are doing! Have at you!
- YODA:Jedi:

I agree... damn it... not another to buy from RPG :crazy: Don't let my wife see this...

I would also like to know about the towing. On the way down to the TRR, I had the bed full of gear, three guys and a 2500 lb popup camper. I figured, I had about 600 lbs on the ass end of the truck. We installed the RPG set up at the TRR. On the way home (to Omaha, 1400 miles) I once again was loaded up. I had all the stock suspension in the bed of the truck too. I figured I was up to about 1000 lbs on the ass of the truck this time. I rode the 2.5" bump stop all the way home. Everything we would stop, we checked the o-ring indicator. A couple times we bottomed out, but when the highway was smooth, the bump stop indicator showed that we only used about 3/4 of the travel. It was only when the road was rough or there were alot of highway joints that all the travel in the bump stop was used up.

I do typically run my bed empty for day to day driving, but come the weekend warrior trips and that thing is loaded down. So it would be nice to know that I have some added payload capacity back there.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jarrett, you guys are killing me. Yet another thing I'm thinking of adding to my RPG wishlist.

So, I gather these will help with towing also. That's my big worry since I haven't seen anywhere what the decrease is in the towing capacity with the standard National Springs in my Stage 3 kit. Is that out there somewhere that I missed?

I love all the great work you guys are doing! Have at you!

exactly why we did it John. The Standards wont be hurt from towing, the ass end just sits low. The 4" solution will handle your trailer with ease...

Also, my responses to questions might be short for a while. I managed to run my pointer finger through a belt sander today.

I'll have my wife type up the whole story for me, looking back it's kinda funny even though only half my finger was hanging on and looked like road kill.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
A belt sander? That's brutal. I remember in HS woodshop I got mine with a disc sander and it ripped my finger apart pretty good.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
exactly why we did it John. The Standards wont be hurt from towing, the ass end just sits low. The 4" solution will handle your trailer with ease...

Also, my responses to questions might be short for a while. I managed to run my pointer finger through a belt sander today.

I'll have my wife type up the whole story for me, looking back it's kinda funny even though only half my finger was hanging on and looked like road kill.

*******!
Seriously though quit hurting yourself! We have a lot of work to do before April!

-Greg

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 200psi. The cool thing is you can go way lower for less of a load. We wanted to go far beyond what was smart to give it the final test. We were blown away at how well it worked.

Also, when do you need us up there? I can't find the email ya sent me.

That's impressive. I would have expected the bumps to at least 250psi, or even a tad bit more. Particularly, with the load you guys had stacked in the bed.

Using a nitrogen charged bump in lieu of a conventional air bag system should also provide a more consistent ride when used over extended periods on rough terrain. Which is much more likely with the Raptor than most other trucks or towing vehicles. This approach really expands the usability of the standard rate National Springs for those of us who only occasionally load up the bed or haul a trailer. Way to think outside the box!!!

With respect to you guys coming North, I need to get with Tim to verify the shop schedule. We will give you a call on Monday so that we can work out what makes the most sense. I'm sure a number of the local FRF members would jump at a chance to meet you and Corey. We may want to take that into account in whatever we set up.

Last edited:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dooooood. Get better soon J!!

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeeeouch! Sorry to hear about the ground meat that was your appendage. Hopefully it doesn't sidetrack you too long from the great work you guys are doing.

Thanks for the update on the towing question. Good to hear these bumps are that capable. I'll contact you with wishlist questions once you get back on the keyboard. Good luck with that, by the way!

Have at you!

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure that you want to be sitting on the bump stops when towing.
Like I said I'm not sure, so if anyone has info on this please comment.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
blood said:
Not sure that you want to be sitting on the bump stops when towing.
Like I said I'm not sure, so if anyone has info on this please comment.

I could be wrong but it seems to me that they are using them like very stiff shocks instead of bump stops. Much like you would use airbags.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it seems to me that they are using them like very stiff shocks instead of bump stops. Much like you would use airbags.

Yes,I understand that with payload and I would guess with the correct psi it would work well with towing as long as its not slamming the stops.going to look in to this a little more.