oem ko2 vs bfg ko2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tires are good for 7 or so. Mine might be a little old depending on the date. The truck was delivered in May 2017. So the tire probably is from 2016. I won’t use it up in 2 years so I’ll probably just get 4 new ones.

ArtiG

Reaction score
If you do repurpose the current spare and bring it into rotation after being under the truck for a long time, move it to the rear position on the side of the truck you will notice and pay attention to the most. If it starts to chunk, wear differently or something else, you’ll be able to notice it sooner, rather than later. It’ll probably be fine, but tires do have a finite lifespan. Most people wear the tread before that but just keep an eye on it after bringing it into rotation.
It should go on the front. Contrary to popular belief, a rear tire failure is worse than a steer tire. Think NASCAR or police chases. When the rear loses a tire (or gets bumped) the vehicle has more of a chance to lose control.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It should go on the front. Contrary to popular belief, a rear tire failure is worse than a steer tire. Think NASCAR or police chases. When the rear loses a tire (or gets bumped) the vehicle has more of a chance to lose control.
We’ll just agree to disagree about losing a 35” front tire at speed, vs. a 35” rear tire. I’ve lost both in blow outs over the years on cars, rear was nowhere near as dramatic.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ll just agree to disagree about losing a 35” front tire at speed, vs. a 35” rear tire. I’ve lost both in blow outs over the years on cars, rear was nowhere near as dramatic.
Yup, same here. No comparison - cornering, braking...literally no comparison.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the best tires should always be on the rear, regardless of which wheels are being driven. It's amazing how many people think the good tires always go on the wheels getting the power.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, the best tires should always be on the rear, regardless of which wheels are being driven. It's amazing how many people think the good tires always go on the wheels getting the power.
The fronts stop and steer. What you said kind of contradicts the post you quoted.