315/70/17 BF KO2 vs. Nitto RG 35/12.5/17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarmersFight

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before. If it has, I can’t find an exact answer…

For standard Gen 2 2018 Beadlocks, with current 315/70/17 BF KO2s, what would I need to consider if wanting to switch to Niito RG 35/12.5/17?

Weight? Nittos are heavier, but not sure exactly how much. Road noise similar? Wet / Dry traction? Affect on mpg?

Prefer the looks of the Nitto RG, but don’t want to create any issues with making this switch. How big of a difference are there in the 2 tires?

I live in Texas, and 98% of my driving is pavement / highway.

Thanks in advance for the replies and insights.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
The stock BFG's are 66 lbs, by how much more than the RG's not sure. Depends on which ones you get. My wife had the RG's on her Ram. They have great tread life but like most AT's they got loud towards the end. We also used them in the snow and heavy rain. I can't say they were great. They were below average. I think the Nitto's have better tread life and very similiar to the BFG's when it came to road noise. I personally was not impressed other than the tread life and would not run them on my Raptor. I would look the Recon Grappler or the Falken AT3's.

Edit: Stock BFG's are 62.7 lbs.

Last edited:

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the Nitto Recon Grappler on my 19 and didn’t really like them. 35/ 12.5 / 17 E rated. Slightly quieter thy my 40k KO2’s initially. Didn’t seem as sure footed in the rain. Only ran them about 3 Weeks and got Discount Tire to swap them for OEM KO2’s.

CRP

Reaction score
Nitro Ridge grapplers are not good in the snow, or the rain. They are easily one of the best looking tires, definitely. That being said, they are really better designed for off-road use, and not paved road use. I believe they’re a Q speed rating (up to 96-mph). They are a heavy tire, also. Size-wise, they are close to a true 35”, unlike some other tire brands. The Ko2 is a small 35”, but it’s lighter, is an S speed rated tire, it’s better in both rain & snow, and also has great looks. It’s too bad that the General Grabber Atx isn’t more aggressive looking, because that is a great tire overall. Just my opinion.. I’m thinking about going back to Ko2’s for my next tire. I’m running the Toyo Open-Country R/T Trail, in a 35x12.5 R17, at the moment. They are pretty much exactly like the Ridge Grapplers, except they are a small 35”. Not too impressed with them, other than the looks. Again, just my opinion. Good luck with what ever you go with. The good thing is, no matter what tire you go with… you have a RAPTOR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter