No Washer Fluid Sending Unit?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Mrs. (VW v10 TDI Touareg) has a washer fluid low warning light and associated beep. It's so annoying that one of these days it's going to have an accident with a pair of side cutters.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you like that V10 TDI? I was fascinated by that monster torque-ster and disappointed they killed it not long after they introduced it.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty awesome, stump pulling torque - just eats the miles. Has a rear locker and almost 12" of ground clearance with the suspension set on high. She has a set of street tires and 2nd set for the desert. What *I* want is the V12 Audi TDi - now that would be a great commute car. It was killed, then re-introduced for one year (2006) which is what we have, then killed again in CA.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was lame it didn't have one but not a big deal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Raptor is definitely not a work truck.

and I can't remember the last time I had a car/truck that did NOT have a "low washer fluid" light.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was shocked it didn't come with one! Now that I know I don't have one not as big of a deal i just have to old school check it but the first time running out when I needed it wasn't cool. It also had just came back from the dealer for an oil change so...

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I'm not 100% positive but some Ford models I think have low washer fluid light. I think the Lincoln models do. I think Ford used low coolant light and washer light at one time previously in past but they were nothing but problematic. Same reason there oil pressure gauge is just a dummy gauge.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not 100% positive but some Ford models I think have low washer fluid light. I think the Lincoln models do. I think Ford used low coolant light and washer light at one time previously in past but they were nothing but problematic. Same reason there oil pressure gauge is just a dummy gauge.

Do you happen to know what range the dummy gauges scan from? like oil PSI 0-100 and is it linear? Also what about the tranny temp gauge. The 2010's you can't actually see the temp just the gauge with no numbers. Thanks