No Washer Fluid Sending Unit?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, again, when it comes to "work trucks" (which an F150 certainly is) yes, I expect to have one. When you have several drivers to one truck, like is often the case in a work setting, you almost need alerts like that.

Are you serious?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I found out the Raptor has no sending unit to alert you that you are running low on windshield washer fluid. You would think that on a SVT vehicle equipped with a Luxury package they would. Even CaTruck (the Ridgeline) had one of those. Small potatoes maybe, but I guess I expected to have one. So I will go back to topping it off every oil change. Comments from anyone, or do I expect too much?
:idk:

When you think you are low on washer fluid, run a vehicle health report. Check email and read report. Repeat as necessary.

Problem solved. :bananawtf::bananawtf::panic::panic:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you press the turn signal stalk in to spray windshield washer fluid on your windshield and no fluid sprays it means you're out of fluid. :mrgreen:

When that happens return to base and reload. :mrgreen:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm reporting this to CARB and CAL-OSHA....this is a serious liability to all cars on the highway. As can be seen below operating the vehicle with low windshield washer fluid can lead to deadly consequences. We must DEMAND a recall now!

I can't believe you're making light of what could be a very serious issue for Raptor owners worldwide! This is not a joke!

1374324329_51bd0f6a24.jpg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you serious?
Ok... On the scale of "what's important" with a 1 = Lady Gaga's most recent tweet and a 10 = is there any point to life... I'll give this wiper reservoir issue a solid 1.79325 (rounded up).

But since we're talking about something so (un)important, within the context of the almost totally unimportant, yeah... yeah it makes a difference to have one, especially in a work setting where bonehead employees can barely be trusted to keep the gas tank full, much less know how to clean a windshield (or more on point, take an hour of on-the-clock time to do so) should they run out of fluid after blowing thru a bug storm.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think XJRguy is asking if you're serious because of your "work truck" reference being used in this context: SVT Raptor.

Sure, a base model F-150 is quite often used as a work truck. But a Raptor could only be considered a work truck by (1) the Border Patrol and law enforcement (lucky enough to get one of these bad boys) and (2) someone who's BSing their boss/company and instead of buying a nice F-150 for work they bought a Raptor (lucky to get away with that).

I'll also say that if multiple workers are driving a "work truck" then someone is responsible for frequent maintenance and service of said work truck and one of the items on that checklist would be "Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir check".

We might want to start a separate thread to talk about you using Lady Gagme as a reference point on your scale of "what's important". :mrgreen:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My comment was directly referencing your comment that "the majority of vehicles coming from manufacturers today do not have such a feature let alone putting them into pickup trucks." I haven't found that to be true. Specifically, when it comes to "pickup trucks" these sorts of features ARE included, in my experience. They are things that make work life a tad bit more manageable, for those who sign the checks to buy the trucks in the first place :p

Clear as mud?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I have the wiper fluid topped off with every oil change and I would do so with or without the alert because I don't want to run out or have to fill up the wiper fluid PERIOD!! I have much better things to do with my time than take the 2 mins to open my hood and put water/cleaner mixture in. My service guy takes care of all the stuff that requires getting my hands dirty. I also push the handicap button at the pump to get someone out and fill my tank then crack my window to slip them a fin...

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tn_pefa%20tear%20drop%20stoop.jpg

A peregrine falcon (a raptor) in a stoop can reach 242 MPH. This is the fastest any creature can travel without artificial aid.