No Raptor This Year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
On the mega cab 1/2 ton trucks Dodge used the 8 lug AAM 11.5” axle off the 3/4 ton with 8 lug wheels. I would think it’s likely they would use the AAM 11.5” axle on the TRX.

The 1/2 ton Mega was a 3/4 ton truck that they swapped out the rear leaf springs on. Everything else about that truck was 3/4 ton.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the mega cab 1/2 ton trucks Dodge used the 8 lug AAM 11.5” axle off the 3/4 ton with 8 lug wheels. I would think it’s likely they would use the AAM 11.5” axle on the TRX.

It would surely be durable. But that’s a lot of sprung and un-sprung weight to power around in a truck that needs to be nimble. But that 9.25” under this much power in a heavy truck with big tires won’t last. Unless they beef up the axles and put a really good posi in it. Very possible I would imagine.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the weight of a hellcat engine compared to the EB V6? Could imagine it being incredibly nose heavy when it inevitably ends up airborne.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 1/2 ton Mega was a 3/4 ton truck that they swapped out the rear leaf springs on. Everything else about that truck was 3/4 ton.

That's exactly right, and the reason that it had a full floating 8-Lug AAM axle. You don't need or want the weight, drag, and cost of a full floater on a 1/2 ton truck, especially not a high speed desert runner.

The Chrysler Corporate 9.25 is a strong and dependable axle. As far as supporting a 700HP Hemi in a 3 ton Rebel TRX, I suppose we will need to see what RAM engineers come up with. I wouldn't be surprised if they sourced the AAM 9.5; it's a heavier duty axle but still a semi floater.