Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
Good find here. I'll note that he said his lights on the upfitter switches didn't even light up. Mine do light up, but still worth a check, it might be a different wire that isnt hooked up. I know that console has to come down somehow. Ill have to figure out how to do that properly.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
I pulled the top console down and disconnected the 3 plugs. I turned the key and lights on and tested the plug that goes to the upfitter switches. There were 10 wires total. The only one that was hot was a purple wire with a grey stripe. Which I am guessing is the light for the switches, which has been working. The other are dead. Now I am about to ohm the wires from the plug to under the hood.

UPDATE: They are still not working. But I found out that the diagram that I posted in original post, Set A are the pass through wires that go to the passenger foot well. So set B must be the hot wires. I found that out after ohming them out. The manuel says it backwards. I still have no clue as to why they don't get hot. I couldn't find anything wrong in the top console with wires or plugins.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
I had the key on and tried ohming out from under the hood to the upper console wires that go to the switches. They didn't ohm out. There were some different colors in the plug that didn't match up to the ones under the hood and the wires in the plug were smaller than the wires under the hood. Somewhere there is a transition in the thickness in those wires, or a relay that is missing that is providing power to those wires under the hood. A fuse is not a relay to my understanding. There has to be somewhere the voltage transition is taking place becuase I know it's not going through the switch.

So my question would be, where is the relay/s for these switches?

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the key on and tried ohming out from under the hood to the upper console wires that go to the switches. They didn't ohm out. There were some different colors in the plug that didn't match up to the ones under the hood and the wires in the plug were smaller than the wires under the hood. Somewhere there is a transition in the thickness in those wires, or a relay that is missing that is providing power to those wires under the hood. A fuse is not a relay to my understanding. There has to be somewhere the voltage transition is taking place becuase I know it's not going through the switch.

So my question would be, where is the relay/s for these switches?
You can’t check continuity with the system powered up; they key needs to be off at minimum to power down the circuits.

The blunt cut wires under the hood are not wired directly to the switches, they terminate at the upfitter relays in the Battery Junction Box (BJB). The upfitter switch circuits run to the control side of the upfitter relays and the blunt cut circuits are powered by the load side of the relays. They relays are integrated into the BJB and are non-serviceable.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
You can’t check continuity with the system powered up; they key needs to be off at minimum to power down the circuits.

The blunt cut wires under the hood are not wired directly to the switches, they terminate at the upfitter relays in the Battery Junction Box (BJB). The upfitter switch circuits run to the control side of the upfitter relays and the blunt cut circuits are powered by the load side of the relays. They relays are integrated into the BJB and are non-serviceable.
So it seems like the relays in the BJB have been improperly put together or shorted out somehow. Can the whole fuse box be replaced with a new one?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it seems like the relays in the BJB have been improperly put together or shorted out somehow. Can the whole fuse box be replaced with a new one?
On Gen 2 the BJB is serviceable separately, so you don’t have to buy and replace the entire harness as on previous generations. The BJB base part number is 14A068; you can use that with your VIN to order the correct one.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
On Gen 2 the BJB is serviceable separately, so you don’t have to buy and replace the entire harness as on previous generations. The BJB base part number is 14A068; you can use that with your VIN to order the correct one.
Okay that's great to hear. One last thing. I searched on part.ford.com and by year, make, model and some other details and it gave me these two options. I am not sure what the difference between these two options are judging by the pictures.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay that's great to hear. One last thing. I searched on part.ford.com and by year, make, model and some other details and it gave me these two options. I am not sure what the difference between these two options are judging by the pictures.

There is an option to search by VIN, try that and see if it narrows down the results. There is only one fuse box on the truck with that part number.