Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I stated in my original post that I ended up checking both sets of 6 wires. Neither of the two sets have power and the fuses that go with each upfitter switch doesn't have power in the fuse box, even with the fuse out and checking directly from the box. I want to understand more about the f2 accessory delay relay and its location that FordTechOne posted about.
Sorry, I looked without my reading glasses. That sucks, good luck with it. I hate dealing with 12 volt power/ wiring issues. I’ve lost my patience over the years. Thankfully I have one employee who is pretty good at automotive electrical issues.

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
Sorry, I looked without my reading glasses. That sucks, good luck with it. I hate dealing with 12 volt power/ wiring issues. I’ve lost my patience over the years. Thankfully I have one employee who is pretty good at automotive electrical issues.
It's no problem. @FordTechOne Is this the f2 accessory delay relay? 20230622_120824.jpg

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
The previously quoted post was for a Gen 3 truck. On a 2020 (Gen 2), the switches receive power from fuse F35 in the Body Control Module (BCM)
I did find that fuse and it works. That explains why they light up, but I still don't understand why the wires under the hood (either set of 6) dont have power.

Last edited:

sc85fiero

Reaction score
I think there may be some misinterpretation here, the set "A" is powered by the auxiliary switches and ONLY when the ignition switch is in the "on" position. Sets "B" and "C" are not connected to any circuits, they are both ends of unpowered circuits used to pass through the firewall for customer upfitting.

Are you checking the wires under the hood while the ignition is on or off?

-Joe

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
I think there may be some misinterpretation here, the set "A" is powered by the auxiliary switches and ONLY when the ignition switch is in the "on" position. Sets "B" and "C" are not connected to any circuits, they are both ends of unpowered circuits used to pass through the firewall for customer upfitting.

Are you checking the wires under the hood while the ignition is on or off?

-Joe
I have the key all the way on when I check power to the wires (both sets to be sure) as well as the upfitter switches pushed to the on position. I notice that they light up white when the headlights are turned on, but when you press the switches to the on position, the light goes off. I have seen that some turn orange when turned to the on position, not mine.

sc85fiero

Reaction score
I have the key all the way on when I check power to the wires (both sets to be sure) as well as the upfitter switches pushed to the on position. I notice that they light up white when the headlights are turned on, but when you press the switches to the on position, the light goes off. I have seen that some turn orange when turned to the on position, not mine.
Got it, so in that case each switch has individually fused relays therefore if none of the switches provide power to any of the wires the next thing I would check is the ground way up on the body of the truck by the passenger side headlight. Its common to all of the relays and can definitely cause your problem.

-Joe

OP
OP
S

Shade_M16

Reaction score
Got it, so in that case each switch has individually fused relays therefore if none of the switches provide power to any of the wires the next thing I would check is the ground way up on the body of the truck by the passenger side headlight. Its common to all of the relays and can definitely cause your problem.

-Joe
I just check them with my test light. There is the ground behind the passenger headlight that you mentioned. There is also one on next to the fuse box, and one on the firewall. All 3 checked out to be good.