Newbie - Considering leaving GM for a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Imagine pulling up next to a raptor in your brand new GMC sierra, and how it would make you feel..... If you're still torn after that mental image then the raptor probably isn't for you

I couldn't justify the raptor price so I got a bitching 2500HD. Great truck! But every time I pulled up next to a Raptor I couldn't even look at the truck! I was ashamed! So I traded for one. And now???

When I'm stopped at a intersection I look around at all the people pointing at my truck or taking cell phone pics of it

Get a raptor and don't look back. Worth the money!

slowest member of WCPR

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today four of us were on a run, we stopped at Cabella's & were parked in a group. I was walking towards the store when I heard a guy walking the other way say to his wife- Wow, look at all the Raptors. I have NEVER heard anyone say "Wow, look at all the GMC Sierras".....
Do it. Now.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
being a car audio guy, i can say this. since we take apart so many different types of vehicles, we have come across certain issues with certain manufacturers. over the years i have noticed that chevy is not the greatest on the materials used. i have seen more broken plastic on chevys than i have seen on other vehicles. fron suburban/tahoe/pickup dash panels in multiple pieces, to the pontiac/camero door panel that breaks in the same spot on every car. there are more, but these are the most common examples. every manufacturer has their issues, but gm has been a complicated (electrically) vehicle to work on ever since 2000.

OP
OP
C

cold1313

Reaction score
So I guess to feed my curiosity some more...

1) How many of you guys essentially use this truck as a daily driver? Obviously overkill for a daily driver, I'm okay with that, but the more justification I have to buy one, the easier it is to handle the price tag!

2) Are there any resources on the board to help me determine where I can get the best deal? I'm located in North Central Ohio. I'm willing to drive a day and back if it will get me a good deal, if needed.

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

1) How many of you guys essentially use this truck as a daily driver? Obviously overkill for a daily driver, I'm okay with that, but the more justification I have to buy one, the easier it is to handle the price tag!

2) Are there any resources on the board to help me determine where I can get the best deal? I'm located in North Central Ohio. I'm willing to drive a day and back if it will get me a good deal, if needed.

I know I for one have been using mine as a daily driver. Once in a while I switch in my car but only when I realize how many miles I am packing on.

There is a dealer list in the prospective forum. Always depends on what your looking for. For example I can tell you there is a 14 screw black SE in northern Arkansas for right on sticker but the dealer is negotiable (Or was when I ordered I was 3.5k below sticker dealers attitude on the truck hasn't seemed to change) I am sure there is more closer to you but it all depends on who stumbles in. Other than word of mouth here is a list of what dealers people have had some luck with. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f212/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-18117/ .

Gilligan

Reaction score

I DD mine, 20k miles since November.

If you can't find any more local look around Pittsburgh, there have been tons of them on the lots, and almost always at sticker from what I can tell.

LindsayEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cold1313,
I just traded in a '14 Sierra Z71 for my '14 Raptor. Before the Sierra, I had an FX4 Ecoboost. After being able to test both standard off road versions from Ford and GMC, I can say that the Sierra was a huge let down. The only thing that was a good surprise with the Sierra was the gas mileage. I was getting mid 18's in the Sierra and for the exact same commute, I am getting mid 13's in the Raptor. My Raptor is my DD. The best thing about getting the luxury package is all the options that come with it. My Ford Touch is significantly better the GM's MyLink. The MyLink system has to be one of the worst on the market. It crashed multiple time and when it did work, it was incredibly slow to input. Also, the Z71 package was not a competent off road package. There was significant shutter at even the smallest bumps or disturbances. The one thing I do like better about the new GM's is the center console. It had more than enough storage and plenty of 12 volts/USB ports. I paid $40,*** for my Sierra, and ended up getting about that for trade in value. I got about $4500 off my Raptor. It has been one of the best vehicle decisions I have ever made.
As far as dealers in Ohio, I talked to a couple out of the Cleveland area and they are definitely willing to deal. They were selling at invoice. I didn't go with them because the cost to drive up there and back made it not worth it. I can send you their contact info if you wish. Just let me know.

OP
OP
C

cold1313

Reaction score
Cold1313,
As far as dealers in Ohio, I talked to a couple out of the Cleveland area and they are definitely willing to deal. They were selling at invoice. I didn't go with them because the cost to drive up there and back made it not worth it. I can send you their contact info if you wish. Just let me know.

I'd really appreciate that! What should I expect for invoice pricing?