New Tire Time, What's Good These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Cooper AT3? I've seen it quite a bit on here and I'm leaning towards that direction for the next set I purchase, TIA

I had the AT3 XLTs installed last week. I was stuck between those and Falkens but seeing the Coopers pop up in these forums, I went with it. We just had rain for the first time in a while here in SoCal and the Coopers ran great. On dry road, they feel like butter.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the AT3 XLTs installed last week. I was stuck between those and Falkens but seeing the Coopers pop up in these forums, I went with it. We just had rain for the first time in a while here in SoCal and the Coopers ran great. On dry road, they feel like butter.
This.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same. I've had them for a few months. This morning we had a downpour and I was on the highway comfy at 75-80. No issues running the tire all year in the Southern states. I can't speak to their snow/ice performance.

Last edited:

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. I've had them for a few months. This morning we had a downpour and I was on the highway comfy at 75-80. No issues running the tire all year in the Southern states. I can't speak to it's snow/ice performance.
I was looking at these online and saw load range D, is that what you are running?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did I miss this whole thread? Thank you @nLander for the laughs today. When someone feels the need to brag on their education, it is NEVER a sign of either intelligence or knowledge. Someone who is actually SMART knows that there are countless ways to gain knowledge. Comments like you made make me so glad I worked a lot of construction jobs as I made my way through school, so that you end up a person with knowledge, not just education. BIG DIFFERENCE!

I'll never forget when I was getting my second degree, I watched a professor trying to change his flat left front tire. This was back in the old days. His car had a bumper jack, made to fit in a slot on a heavy steel bumper. Common for the time. He proceeded to put the jack under the middle of the WHEEL ARCH on the fender and started jacking. I sat there watching him bend up his fender several inches, but it did lift the tire off the ground. The old steel fenders were REAL car parts! So, now the tire is off the ground, but the jack is directly in front of, and just a few inches away from, the wheel he wants to remove. He stood there pondering what he did for a few minutes and gave up and walked away. :happy175: :Big Laugh:

He was a total liberal ****, or I would have helped him. Since I thought he was an ass, I just sat there in my car watching him and laughing my ass off. I may or may not have had some herb with me. Too bad we didn't have the phones to video stuff like this back then!

Last edited: